Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chillers and fridges. Some questions.

Chillers and fridges. Some questions.

In a tall fridge or a drinks chiller. How large a carcass could I hold in it?
    roe or fallow pricket? I,m guessing that as my current one will hold a Muntie then I don't need to ask about that as this would be a lot bigger.
    how do you hang the carcass? Do you drill a hole in the sides and just slide a bar through? Do you need to add supports to spread the weight?
    Is the a minimum size you would recommend? I do see a few which seem narrow so looking to ensure I get the right one.

what about getting kingspan and making a large box and sticking a room cooler in there. Would that work?

your thoughts appreciated.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

S.S
    Firstly I am by no means an epert on fridges or chillers, but when i got my small domestic upright fridge which is arouns 1300mm high,I was shooting roe and for this it was excellent.I've since got more stalking with fallow and reds and Iv'e since found while it will hold roe does/buck's and fallow does,it will not sadly hold a fallow pricket or red hinds of any description,for this I've had to cut them in half,and for my personal consumption this is fine by me.

Having said that,the cool game chillers http://www.coolgameuk.com/catalogue/...products_id/32 their dimmensions aren't far off that of the drinks chillers,their LU700 measures 152 x 66 x 58cms and holds 4 roe or 2 fallow.

I have just bought a commercial chiller from Sikadog on here,and that measure approx 1800mm high,which would be ideal for my needs and very similar to the above and I reckon I'll get a hind or two in there,well I'll have to,but it's taken me a long time to get a 1 of these chiller that's close to home ,so I personally won't be drilling any holes in the sides just yet.
    I will either make a rack/hanging system, or I'll just put my chin up bar in the top and adjust accordingly,it can hold 16stone so should be fine,and will not require any drilling.

I am sure there are far more experienced guys on here, but this is just my observation,hope it helps.
    Last edited by gelert; 21-07-2013 at 21:11.

i used to have a drinks chiller, could hang a couple of roe in it but it was a bit dodgy to be honest , i never perfected a good hanging system , then the thermostat packed in , i now have a coolgame big red now ,that for me is perfect , can get upto 4 red and a couple of roe in it ,if i was to get another drinks chiller i think i would drill two holes it the top ,and using threaded bar fix it to a bearer on the outside top of frigde then inside bolt a rail to inside of the fridge on the threade bars , i think that would take the weight better , no doubt there are better ideas out there ,and i am sure you will get some sound advise, atb arron.

I bought a double door drinks fridge from eBay. Having removed the others, I use just the top shelf and have hung 2 Roe from it, no bother, and certainly have enough room for one more Roe or a couple of Munties. I've not tried to get a Fallow in there yet, and probably wouldn't try and get 2 in, and the weight might be too much. It would be nice to have that problem!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Hi i use a Stella double door drinks chiller and can hang two fallow prickets no problem

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    Hi i use a Stella double door drinks chiller and can hang two fallow prickets no problem
    Excellent! Now need to get out and fill it...

Cheers
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

i used to have a double door industrial fridge , i used to get red calfs in no problem . infact i gave it to another member of the forum and i have upgraded to this , half is the chiller and half will be a butchery eventually , but thats a project for next year.

Attachment 30546

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

bull dog on the sd or pw is a top white goods repair feller and he know's all you need to no about coolers, larders,freezers tumble driyers ,chillers washers and and other domestic or pro white goods its his skill set drop him a pm prob best on the pw (essex, southend-on-sea)
    Last edited by paul o'; 21-07-2013 at 16:39.

Hi Singing, I have a double door Coke chiller and just use two drinks trays at the topmost slots to hang things from. There are two metal bars strenghening each tray and I cut the plastic away where I wanted my hooks to go. A pricket will go in, with lower legs and head removed. Once had two roe does and five muntjac in at the same time. A bit of a squeeze, but no probs with the weight.

Drinks chiller, 1" stainless bar cut neat, get two round flat hanger brackets, self tap them to the side, hang your carcass using hooks, mine takes two roe no probs, never had any issues with it, rock solid. (And there's been a few hanging from it)

George.