Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primers

Primers

I've just pulled 50 odd 25-06 cases ready to resize them into 6.5 06 cases,can I reuse the primers or not,atb swaro

Yep, unless you've dunked them in oil and let them soak for a few days !!

I think in view of your post count maybe you already know the answer.

After 'pulling' .25-06 rounds you're thinking of reusing & necking up the primed cases, rather than 're-using primers' .... as we understand the term. Right?

That step is probably not needed (as this is just seating a .264" diameter bullet into a 'pulled' .257" neck), but slightly flaring the mouth of the case might make things easier.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

It was a primer question,was unsure if i could reuse them,25-06 cases have been neck sized only and need full length sizing in 6.5-06 before loading,please read the questions before replying,atb Swarovski

I have just pulled some 264 Win Mag ammo to get the cases to neck up to 7mm Rem Mag - I remove the decapping pin when I resize the cases so the problem doesn't arise.
    I now have 100 Winchester 6,5mm 140gr bullets I don't want! - Swap for some 7mm 120 gr bullets anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    It was a primer question,was unsure if i could reuse them,25-06 cases have been neck sized only and need full length sizing in 6.5-06 before loading,please read the questions before replying,atb Swarovski
    Your question wasn't clear .... you said the rounds had been pulled .... not decapped?. Your reply doesn't clarify things much further.

If the cases have been necksized for .25-06 it would have been possible to re-neck them for 6.5 or full length resize them without actually decapping them ... depending on what kit you've got. Please read the answer before snottily rejecting advice based on your original query.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Q[ - I remove the decapping pin when I resize the cases so the problem doesn't arise.]

that was the way to do it ,
    re-use'g your knocked out primers ! feller you can as long as you have not damaged the primer, but i would not as i still have thou's of em and thay were cheap at 32 a tho .
    atb
    paul

I don't take my dies apart as is more work putting back together,felt like making someone bite and I had a run,one toner

If you like to re-use primers them I have a couple of thousand once fired primers going cheap!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    If you like to re-use primers them I have a couple of thousand once fired primers going cheap!

And the dingbat would probably use them too, then come here squeaking about ignition problems...