Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitter, disqus and all the other crap.

Twitter, disqus and all the other crap.

I REFUSE to tweet, twitter, disqus, facefart, fu*kand fannyabout.com and all the other "social media" crap.

WTF is this?

It seems to be becoming more difficult to respond to news items or petitions if you have gone through puberty.

Is this yet another conspiracy?
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

You just put it on here then

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

people thought the same about forums once upon a time

Fear what you don't understand

hashtag #technophobe

It certainly raises an interesting point and something we seem to see on this forum, and probably on every other one as well -

People are more than keen to tweet or post on the internet and get all excited and worked up about something but when it comes to doing any actual leg work to seek a resolution, say contacting their MP or SNH or whatever, they suddenly lapse into apathy and fail or refuse to act effectively to resolve the matter.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

I refuse to have a f-book account, there are too many people using it to live their lives with inane and pointless input. I have recently started a twitter account purely for business as I see it as an additional way of disseminating news to my client list on a more regular basis than our monthly newsletter.
    My view on any electronic media (including email) is that if you want to communicate with someone properly rather than simply disseminate information, then telephone them or meet them if logistically/geographically possible.

All electronic communication has devolved responsibility away from the sender - how many times has someone said 'but I sent you an email/tweat/text/facebook' etc etc etc. If it's that important - pick up the phone!

I don't use social media out of privacy concerns. But in reality, the SD is Facebook for deerstalkers!

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    I REFUSE to tweet, twitter, disqus, facefart, fu*kand fannyabout.com and all the other "social media" crap...
    It's the future. You don't need to use it, but ultimately it will hit your pocket if you don't understand it and use it judiciously. I've been saying for some years that one of these days an e-mail address will be a mandatory field on a FAC form.

Picking up on your own tag line, the future can be very painful and in extreme cases, fatal.

​Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    But in reality, the SD is Facebook for deerstalkers!
    Exactly right.

I'm curious - has anyone on here posted pictures of themselves with firearms and/or with dead deer on FB? I've never had the nerve to do it, and wonder what the response would be.

Yes many times posted pics of dear & boarive shot & lots of other things with both me & my rifles without any problems!
    I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG OR ILLEGAL & REFUSE TO BE ASHAMED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Exactly right.

I'm curious - has anyone on here posted pictures of themselves with firearms and/or with dead deer on FB? I've never had the nerve to do it, and wonder what the response would be.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!