baiting foxes

I put out some bait out at 8am this morning and had a cub by 9.30am, he must of smelt the meat on the wind,, nailed it strait between the eyes at 70yds with my 22 and eley subs :cool:, more bait gone out ready for there free supper, breakfast wont be

Last edited:
Thats the 2nd one ive had in the same spot, bait is out 50yds from firing point but they are not confident to come out in the open at that time of the day,it was just sat in 2 minds, nailed it before it moved

What are you using to bring them in?

If you havnt got a friendly local butcher try tinned dog food mixed with fish flavoured dry cat food (good old Lidle) bait a spot for a couple of evenings before you want to shoot, put it down very late in the day or the Corvids will clean up before Charlie comes out to play.

Remember to position yourself upwind of the bait.

Regards WB

I have been doing exactly the same as Willowbank,baiting around 80yds,and i shot my 17th last night ,and thats in 3 months from the same spot.

Thats good going 17 from one spot, whatever you are doing is working nicely, sounds like the rspca release them near you.

Thats good going 17 from one spot, whatever you are doing is working nicely, sounds like the rspca release them near you.

I have had between 50 or 60 off the first tee of a golf course I cover in about 6-7 months
the grass is so trampled where I shoot from it is virtually bald!!

its the junction between where they have a couple of dens and where the woods/rough turns into fairway
​all within easy reach of a nine iron!

I tied rabbits in pairs and left them in areas cubs tent to eat then rather than dragging them away better chance of a shot at them

Back