Stealthgear extreme 2 photographer trousers

Tackleberry270

Got a pair of these recently for a good price. For a pair of trousers with the brand name 'stealthgear' they are not that quiet! I like the moleskin style material and all the pockets. I also like the elasticated 'gaiter' style lining that will help stop ticks crawling up your ankles and the extra padding. The canvass panels on the inside of the lower legs make a scratching noise if they meet and the mesh inside makes it feel like your trousers are full of tescos bags and I can imagine would make a similar noise if they were. Having read a few comments saying they suited summer weather I have worn them on several outings now with temperatures in the high 20's. Although they have zip vents on the sides I think a simple pair of cotton trousers or even thin moleskins would be preferable even on an average british summers evening. I will give them another go when the weather cools and I will look forward to testing them in the wet but I'm still a bit disappointed with the rustling.

I have these trousers and I find them very good, I have not had any problems with noise, but I don't rub my legs together as I walk. They are far too warm for summer, I can just about wear them while lamping this time of year. They have been very waterproof, I have lay down with my legs in a puddle while stalking up Scotland last winter in them without any problems. I have also been caught in some really bad downpours and they have never let me down, more than I can say for my deerhunter coat.

I've a pair, some good features but in a day of torrential downpours, they leaked like a sieve around the backside. I wasn't even sat down, just walking with my back to the weather and the water running off my sportschief jacket (the best waterproof gear I've tried, including harkila) was too much for the trousers

Novice

As above leaks like a sieve round your bum when sitting in a high seat, very noisy as said above, have issues with them falling apart at the seams, don't rate them and very disappointed with them, still rustle even when cleaned. deerwarden

As above leaks like a sieve round your bum when sitting in a high seat, very noisy as said above, have issues with them falling apart at the seams, don't rate them and very disappointed with them, still rustle even when cleaned. deerwarden

This is why mine were cheaper. I was willing to do a repair job where the stitching had come away. When I got them home I was surprised how weak the stitching actually is.

I have a pair of these which I have been using for the last few years. Although mine don't leak I agree with Deerwarden about the rest.

In winter I wear a pair of thermals under them which seems to stop most of the noise, and stops my legs sweating, but the stitching is very weak and I have had to repair it in several places.

I have a pair and posted a little review a while back but my big complaints were the noise - not only the material at the leg bottoms which scratches over any heather you meet but also all those little zip tags that rattle about. Mine do not appear well constructed with lots of lose threads and the like and as others have said they leak. I really don't think they are suitable for hot weather wear at all. On a positive note I like the knee pads which have saved me a lot of bruises and although I usually destroy trousers in a few weeks and despite my reservations about "build quality" they have survived for quite a few months now.

All told my views are in line with tackleberry270's and I wouldn't have another pair.

For hot weather wear try a pair of mul surplus trousers and give them some waterproof treatment - they will be pretty cool, comfortable and shower proof plus you'll pick them up for a few quid.

I have a pair and posted a little review a while back but my big complaints were the noise - not only the material at the leg bottoms which scratches over any heather you meet but also all those little zip tags that rattle about. Mine do not appear well constructed with lots of lose threads and the like and as others have said they leak. I really don't think they are suitable for hot weather wear at all. On a positive note I like the knee pads which have saved me a lot of bruises and although I usually destroy trousers in a few weeks and despite my reservations about "build quality" they have survived for quite a few months now.

All told my views are in line with tackleberry270's and I wouldn't have another pair.

For hot weather wear try a pair of mul surplus trousers and give them some waterproof treatment - they will be pretty cool, comfortable and shower proof plus you'll pick them up for a few quid.

I have an aversion to wearing military cammo but if I found a pair of suitable green surplus trousers I might give them a go.

Back