Thread: 8 pointer

8 pointer

First Buck of the rut,right as I was about to give up after suffering for my sport with the 'Mother' of all bad backs,well worth the struggle though a rather weird 8 pointer that was chasing a Doe down a sprayed off field.They are a bit thin on the ground though at the moment,or are other people seeing plenty?

Martin

Nice one Martin rut not started here yet bud.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Well done, nice buck.

Not much action here yet but I did connect with a small 6 pointer last Sunday. Hoping this hot and humid weather will kick the rut off with gusto!

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Nice martin we are seeing plenty does but only a few bucks things stiring a bit should be good by the weekend hopfully.

Plenty does and young bucks but the big guys are not playing just now. Fingers crossed the forecast weather will give things a kick in the ass. Getting blimmin frustrating though !

Nice one Martin, nothing happening this way as yet.

here's a better pic of the head..................

I butchered it today ready for market tomorrow and he has had an injury some time ago(well healed)in the 'Aitches' which left his pelvis lop sided although he hadn't shown anything untoward before the shot,and he did run on for maybe 30yds well enough.He also had a healed hole put through the fins of his lower neck most probably from a tussle earlier in his life,it seems like this lad has been about a bit,but I hadn't seen him on the ground previously.

Martin

Good start mate! At least someone has sen a buck!! Nothing here :-(

Out again last night and plenty does but only one young buck. Today its belted down this morning but now we have mist with visibility down to about 100yds. Rut could be happening in front of my face and I couldn't see it !

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Out again last night and plenty does but only one young buck. Today its belted down this morning but now we have mist with visibility down to about 100yds. Rut could be happening in front of my face and I couldn't see it !
    came up the A68 7:30 this morning, saw a couple of bucks around the field edges,,not that I was looking away from the road!!!LOL... a 6 pointer near Fala and a spiker outside Lauder..both standing right under the treeline and one was about to hop back into the comfort of the canopy.

then all hell broke loose weather wise! I'm not sure there'll be much going on, but apparently saturday morning is supposed to be dry, so I will be out all morning and be bringing plenty of energy, 20 rounds of ammo, an a few roe calls.....game dealers get ready!!!

ha ha ha