I love lamb but only one in house that eats it
so only eat it when out for a meal etc

went and got a beautiful big boned out & rolled shoulder o lamb
Advice please on an easy way to cook this

keep it simple ( it's me here !) and what herbs etc

cheers
paul

Right Paul

Start off with some chopped veg and a bay leaf to put the lamb onto whilst cooking, place the joint on top and sprinkle chopped rosemary, salt and paper. I like to keep it simple so's not to disguise the flavour. add a little water to the pan to help it duing icooking then place in a pre heated oven at 140 degrees for a couple of hours. If it looks like its cooking too fast just turn it down a little, the slower the better.

Take it out when cooked and leave it to rest, strain the veges and juices through a sieve and push through with a sppon to make sure you get all the flavour out. Spoon off as much of the fat as possible then thicken the remaining gravey with plain flour and return to the heat and gently simmer for a couple of minutes to cook out the flour. Serve with any seasonal veg you like.

Enjoy
Dom

in the oven on a real slow roast, rosemary out of the garden you can slit the meat to push sprigs into it and do the same with garlic cloves ,salt and pepper then put in an oven dish with a half bottle of red or port and cook, reduce the wine down later for a nice sauce atb wayne
ps this is also nice with a roe haunch and it does taste alot like lamb cooked this way

C,H i wont it now :drool: M.S could do with your's tomorrow but without the garlic do love lamb best for me is welsh or salt marsh :tiphat: keep ya nz frozen stuff yuc

Unroll it, marinade - olive oil balsamic vinegar and juniper, barbecue over slow heat 10 - 15 min per side depending on pink or not, let rest 10 min chop into big chunks with good bread or new spuds and peas.Even the lamb haters may like it

+1

This is what I would do, takes a lot of a lot of beating for such a simple recipe :thumb:

Unroll it, marinade - olive oil balsamic vinegar and juniper, barbecue over slow heat 10 - 15 min per side depending on pink or not, let rest 10 min chop into big chunks with good bread or new spuds and peas.Even the lamb haters may like it

welsh or salt marsh

nearly right

welsh and salt marsh is the best, roll outside of lamb in crushed rosemary, gently fry in olive oil till outside golden, deglase pan slow cook, middle should be slightly pink

greenshoots

Back