Thread: BOZ EYED

BOZ EYED

Hi,
    I have never been able to use binoculars as when I keep both eyes open I end up cross eyed and see 2 images. The smaller the binos the worse it is. Maybe its because I am so big at 6'7" so have a large space between my eyes and as such have to go cross eyed for the binos to fit. I don't have a straight answer.

Anyway, I was thinking that a telescope/monocular would be the way to go.

Are there any reccomendations?

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

What kind of binos do you use? Before I got my SLCs I had the same problem with any binoculars that I tried. No problems now though 8).

Hi,
    thats the problem, I don't use any binos now. As I can't thoil to spend money for double vision

ian

Good BINS WILL SORT THE PROBLEM I HAD A MATE WHO WAS THE SAME IF YOU ARE GOING TO STALK DEER YOU REALLY SHOULD THINK ABOUT GETTING THE BEST AS IN MY OPINION THEY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF EQUIPMENT

Hi mate, have a similar problem in that my left eye waters badly in the cold.

Use your bins with one eye closed. because that works. If you have a problem seeing a focused picture on reasonable bins the it is not something likely fixed with an expensive pair.

Yes binocular vision is much better than monocular vision but with the best will in the world not everybody is able to use them.

Looking out of a gun shop window with a few 'good' pairs will confirm if you can get a pair to fit. good luck mate

Ian,

I had cheap binos then got a swarovski rangefinder. 8 x 32 mono with rangefinder. Did me fine for years. Big bonus allowed me to get a set of Zeiss with rangefinder. Now only use the swaro for foreign daylight hunting.

Stan