Binoculars addvice please.

BwchDanas

Title says it all really, I need advice on the best set of bins to get within my limited, £200, budget.

Before anyone says it, I know I should be spending as much as I can afford on bins, that amount is 200 quid, sh*t bust. Yes I could "save up", but I figure an actual pair of fairly good bins that I actually own and can actually use is far more use to me than a hypthetical pair of the ultimate bins that I might own at some point in the furture.

Go and search for Minox, there are various grades, all good to great.

Alternatively Meopta's are pretty good too.

Check out Cameraland in New York, they will post to you.

The Opticron range are good too. Another place to contact is Cley Spy, they have a great range in all price brackets they also often have good secondhand stuff. JC

Secondhand major brand names.

London Camera Exchange usually have a choice and a cooling off period.

Stan

Minox BV 8x42 BR for under £180.00 same as mine & from the same supplier, highly recommended.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINOX-Binocul...s_ET?hash=item51898082a7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

And

Minox BV 10x42 BR for just under £200.00

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINOX-Binocul...s_ET?hash=item33517d573e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Chris

For bins on a budget, I'd suggest that you at least have a look at a pair of Brownings; they aren't Swaro's/Leicas - but they are within your price range.

I use a pair all the time (given the amont of stalking that I do I found it difficult to justify spending a grand+ on a set of binoculars :eek: ), and I'm very impressed with the image clarity and brightness. A mate of mine has a pair of Swaro's, and uses his pair of Brownings more, and another mate that is a regular user of Swaro's had a gander through my B's while we were out last week and was v impressed.

Worth a look! (no pun intended :lol: )

Burris binos 10x what ever, now there value for money......superb! Have a good look around.

Minox for me .
I haven't got the thick end of a grand to hang around my neck either & it seems to me that the world of optics is one one of diminishing returns when it comes to what additional light gathering , clarity of image etc etc you may be getting probably all lost once they've got a good layer of muck on them ;)
My biggest issue would be the risk of dropping ,scratching ,losing the things

It might be worth keeping an eye on these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Carl-...Photography_Binoculars_ET?hash=item5884860bdd

They're old but I bought a pair of old Leitz 7x42 Trinovids and they're as good as my dad's Zeiss BGAT's....Well we cant tell the difference and they both appear to be brighter than our Swaro and Schmidt scopes.

There's also not much point in being able to see them through your bino's then raising your scope and not be able to see them. Just a thought.

Also if you sell them on you may get your money back on them.

Mick

To the 'dropping, scratching and losing the things' don't forget to mention not to sit on them as you did in Ireland Rodger!!

Back