Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being eaten alive? - Thermacell Mosquito Repeller (SALE)

Being eaten alive? - Thermacell Mosquito Repeller (SALE)

Create a 15' x 15' no - fly - zone when sat in that high seat or hide. Lightweight, cordless and portable, it is odour free and an effective alternative to smelly sprays and lotions. Each butane cartridge (included) will last up to 12 hours and the repellent mats 4 hours each.(3 included). Quiet on/off button.

Holster 7.50
    (was 14.99)
    Realtree Unit 28.00 (was 56.00)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thermacell Mosquito Repeller.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	30625

Please order by PM (include your telephone number, email, and postal address), or call +44 (0)1243 811 844 and quote "The Stalking Directory"
    Last edited by Fur Feather & Fin; 24-07-2013 at 15:24. Reason: Typo on the cost - holster is 7.50, unit is 28.00. Apologies
    ​ALL THE BEST SHOOTING ACCESSORIES... AND LADIES CLOTHING AS WELL AS OUR OWN COLLECTION OF LEATHER GUNSLIPS, LOADER BAGS, CARTRIDGE BOXES, CARTRIDGE BELTS, LEATHER LUGGAGE AND MORE. TAKE A LOOK AT OUR RANGE OF HUNTING, SHOOTING, FISHING, RUGBY, CRICKET AND GOLFING GIFTS AS WELL AS MEN'S DESK ACCESSORIES, A VARIETY OF BOOKS AND GIFTS FOR DOGS... HAPPY HUNTING!

Would this work while stalking or do you need to be stationary ?

no static so high seat or hide pigeon shooting or satup in the motor fox'g , or carp fishing ,while my pay is flapping i'am just sitting without a bite , i use mine all the time the buggers just stay away, also found a way of refilling the gas bottels and saved lots of cash!! the yanks use them even on the black flys . its like being in a box of gnat free air

go on the net for the mat's and the gas i bulk buy out of season for deals
    Last edited by paul o'; 24-07-2013 at 15:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    Would this work while stalking or do you need to be stationary ?
    They do work whilst stalking, but they aren't as effective as when you're stationary in terms of the area they effect when stationary (15'x15') - they will still provide adequate protection though unless you sprint whilst stalking!

The holster has a strap that can be attached to the arm, belt, or ankle whilst on the move. Alternatively it can be put on the high seat or bars on the mule/quad.
    ​ALL THE BEST SHOOTING ACCESSORIES... AND LADIES CLOTHING AS WELL AS OUR OWN COLLECTION OF LEATHER GUNSLIPS, LOADER BAGS, CARTRIDGE BOXES, CARTRIDGE BELTS, LEATHER LUGGAGE AND MORE. TAKE A LOOK AT OUR RANGE OF HUNTING, SHOOTING, FISHING, RUGBY, CRICKET AND GOLFING GIFTS AS WELL AS MEN'S DESK ACCESSORIES, A VARIETY OF BOOKS AND GIFTS FOR DOGS... HAPPY HUNTING!

Paul o' - thanks for your reply, we went on one of the fox shooters experience who works here and uses one. Our midges/mosquito's down here on the South Coast perhaps aren't as bad though as we have very little standing water compared to other parts of the UK.

If anyone else has any experience of these or any other of our products we'd appreciate it as we don't always get to thoroughly field test everything we sell (though we obviously investigate reviews before selling anything through our shop).

no worrys feller must have strong wind this way been bitten when out walking on hot sticky nights but not if static ,but i just use a good gnat off spray on my kit and this helps .
    will need a replen of mats later on now i know some one has them
    Last edited by paul o'; 24-07-2013 at 21:12.

i am at a bad age. i dont move very quick at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    no static so high seat or hide pigeon shooting or satup in the motor fox'g , or carp fishing ,while my pay is flapping i'am just sitting without a bite , i use mine all the time the buggers just stay away, also found a way of refilling the gas bottels and saved lots of cash!! the yanks use them even on the black flys . its like being in a box of gnat free air

go on the net for the mat's and the gas i bulk buy out of season for deals
    Very interested in how you refill and with what?

They work when walking provided there's little to no wind. Generally if its windy enough that the thermacell doesnt it work its windy enough to keep the flying devils away anyhow.
    Brilliant piece of kit.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

go on u tube loads of instructions for refilling the butane bottles and some for making mats as well,
    I have had one for a good few years now and used correctly they are great, they also keep the midges off the dog under the high seat.
    The only thing I would say about mine is if there is a breeze but just not enough to dispel the midges it does let some of the buggers in.
    good protection for not a lot of money.
    Sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am