Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roe Calling

Roe Calling

How far have you called a Buck in from and using what caller??

not sure how far it travelled before I saw it, but from where I 'saw' it,,,maybe a 450yds? ish..

also called in a red stag from around 600yds using a water bottle with the bottom cut off..was shot at 60yds whilst charging!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    not sure how far it travelled before I saw it, but from where I 'saw' it,,,maybe a 450yds? ish..

also called in a red stag from around 600yds using a water bottle with the bottom cut off..was shot at 60yds whilst charging!
    ​I bet that got the heart pounding!!!

About 800yds from acros the valley with my iPhone calls & small pocket speaker whilst sat up in a hedge under a wood.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    ​I bet that got the heart pounding!!!
    I let my brother in law take the shot,,it was his first deer ever coming to a call..he wanted to go home as it was getting late up in the hills when we saw him across the valley..he said "no time to stalk him, and if we do, it will be dark getting up here in the argo to find him"...I said "ok, hand me the water bottle and your knife.."...to say the least, he was surprised.

I was telling him to shoot the stag from around 150 yds, but he just couldn't believe what was happening so at 60yds I almost had to grab the rifle and take him myself before we it got too scary..he did finally pull himself together and put him down with a fine H/L shot quartering..immediately followed by a cigarette and a "F'ing hell, that was something!".

..great day :-)

I let my brother in law take the shot,,it was his first deer ever coming to a call..he wanted to go home as it was getting late up in the hills when we saw him across the valley..he said "no time to stalk him, and if we do, it will be dark getting up here in the argo to find him"...I said "ok, hand me the water bottle and your knife.."...to say the least, he was surprised.

I was telling him to shoot the stag from around 150 yds, but he just couldn't believe what was happening so at 60yds I almost had to grab the rifle and take him myself before we it got too scary..he did finally pull himself together and put him down with a fine H/L shot quartering..immediately followed by a cigarette and a "F'ing hell, that was something!".

Fab these are the memories that keep us going & captivate the next generation, bringing new life to our sport!

LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    About 800yds from acros the valley with my iPhone calls & small pocket speaker whilst sat up in a hedge under a wood.
    Do you carry out illegal acts regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    Do you carry out illegal acts regularly?
    It doesn't say he shot it though...

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    It doesn't say he shot it though...
    ​Fair comment.