Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New UK roe record

New UK roe record

I see there is mention in this week's shooting times of the new record. What a whopper! To my eyes it almost looks like a 'full-sized baille head, if that makes sense?

A couple of interesting points to take from the article, namely has anyone had an dealings with the collector who bought it and what are people's thoughts on the suggestion that then bloke who shot it was intending to chuck it as nothing special? Do they grow so big up there that he genuinely thought it run of the mill or are there people involved in stalking who aren't obsessed with antlers

Anyone know anything more re the circumstances it was taken under? My guess would be it came off ground supporting a commercial pheasant shoot?

Novice

Probably thought the same as me it was Pig Ugly ! And he cut it with a chainsaw by the looks of things .
    ​norma

If the fella that bought it is Drew Bain then hes got a wealth of knowledge aboot deer,and doesn't mind spending time chatting to us peasant recreational stalkers which is no bad thing.All heads are different and imo just because they are different doesn't make them ugly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	30629

But to be fair its not the best looking head ive ever seen. Its very short but got lots of mass with it.
    Always think before you pull that trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo.222 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	30629

But to be fair its not the best looking head ive ever seen. Its very short but got lots of mass with it.
    I agree it is not pretty but I would be pleased to say I had grassed it

+ one with norma 308. it deserved a better skull cut than that, imo.
    sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

no matter how ugly everyone would have loved to shoot it. Do I get a hint of green eyed monsters lol

Not my idea of a bonny head..but...each to their own ! .... beauty is in the eye of the beholder ?
    Would love to know what the fella paid for it ?
    CVK

I believe that I saw this head being measured first thing on Saturday morning at the Game fair by Tony Dalby-Welsh. Not my cup of tea I have to admit. Indeed there was a much smarter head handed in for measuring (by a Forum member) that made Gold and this head was far far prettier in my opinion. But as said beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Paul