Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: advice needed

advice needed

Hi all, ive got a rodent in my gunroom which also in the attic,, I cant seem to get it with the trap baited with penut butter, ive just reset the trap and a penut butter trail, no squirrels around making me think its a bloody rat, if I had a trail cam I could get to see what I is,, any suggestions on how to catch the little barsteward

glue pads around the access to the room and around the room edges or/and a good rodenticide
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

rat poison is the best way, reasin blocks or the wheat based works great.
    atb
    simon

Chocolate for rats they can't resist it !!!

What size trap are you using? if you are using a rat one and its only a mouse it may have set it off without being caught. spring traps or glue boards are best in this weather, the last thing you need in this hot weather is a poisoned rodent dead in your roof space or under floor boards!!!
    Last edited by paul walker; 24-07-2013 at 19:20.

forgot to add, sprinkle some talc around the edges of the room, you'll soon be able to tell if its a rat or a mouse
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Wwhere do I source these glue pads, ive got a door from the attic into my gunroom, its the only way in, glue pad across the opening should catch the little fulker

sorry but i think that is one of the worst ways for a rat insdie your house, the rat will scurry off and die then stink for ages, i can see how it would work on a farm etc but poison in a house is asking for trouble. glue boards and sprinkled flour is the way i would go about it

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Wwhere do I source these glue pads, ive got a door from the attic into my gunroom, its the only way in, glue pad across the opening should catch the little fulker
    Swarovski,
    PM me your address and I will send you a few. I got some for a rat problem and wife and kids freaked out when I actually caught one and had to despatch it with my air rifle!
    Regards,
    Bob

Ive had mice up there before but once I realised they were there, mouse trap set and I ive had them all in a few days, this things been up there for months, ive found the trap sprung a few times but am not sure if any of my family hwve got up in there and disturbed it and set it off