Thread: Blue wrighting in thread post's not sure about this

Blue wrighting in thread post's not sure about this

Hi Guys
    Just seen in post's that I read on here that some words are in Blue and underlined
    When I put the cursor on them a little box comes up with things like looking for a bar near you or things like that
    Not sure where this has come from but it sure don't look right to me
    Has any one else got this or is it just me
    ATB
    Gary

Gary,

It sounds like an addon that's loaded by your browser. It looks for key words in the text on any website you visit and turns them into links to other sites. I run all my browsers with as few addons as possible and never (ever ever) install toolbars, in order to minimise this sort of rubbish advertising. Either switch them off, remove them using Control Panel/Programs, or run ComboFix from Bleeping Computer - Technical Support and Computer Help followed by AdwCleaner and MalwareBytes from the same site.

They are targetted marketing hyperlinks.... sounds like the Blue Oyster bar is desperate for you to become a member
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    They are targetted marketing hyperlinks.... sounds like the Blue Oyster bar is desperate for you to become a member

Browser hijack.