Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: still cant decide between these 3

still cant decide between these 3

I still cant decide between these 3 for my 6.5
    Bushnell xlt 3-9x40 @ £119
    Nikon prostaff 3-9x40 @ £149
    Burris fullfield 3-9x40 @ £169
    Or should i spend the extra and get a leupold 3-9x40 @ £249
    Rifle should be ready for collection next week in time for the start of the red stag/fallow buck season so need to pull my finger out!

Mate, don't want to appear to be snobbish but, if you can't see it you can't shoot it! Spend as much as you can afford, it will pay for itself over and over!

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Mate, don't want to appear to be snobbish but, if you can't see it you can't shoot it! Spend as much as you can afford, it will pay for itself over and over!
    Same as deer man good advice
    ​regards pete

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    I agree, but I spent 50% more than I could afford and will never need to look at another scope...!

Spend more and cry once
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

again don't mean to be rude , so forgive me if i have been . but uttings do payment arrangements on scopes don't go mad and you will not regrete buying a good scope.

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I agree, but I spent 50% more than I could afford and will never need to look at another scope...!

Spend more and cry once

There is no like button!

You may never need another scope but you will often want one!

No, not rude and not offended in the slightest. Im still trying to work out if his "spend hundreds on a scope" attitude is justified or not.
    Having spent years using a budgetish scope on a 17hmr shooting 50+ rabbits a night several times a week with no problems...both day and night and with nv, it does make me wonder.
    I appreciate cf is different to rf but is it a case that the cheaper scopes just arent up to the job or is it just a case of do you want a astra or a porsche?
    If people have bought cheaper scopes then upgraded...why? Did they not hold zero? Where they ***** at dusk and dawn? Or did you just want the kudos of a "big name brand"?

Ok, if I was to venture into the quality scope market....say £500-£600
    I will be shooting over modest ranges....most sub 100yrds, is a fixed mag....say 6,7 or 8 x gonna be a pain in the arse for target acquisition on really close stuff?
    I still like the idea of variable....how about the Zeiss Duralyt 2-8x42?

You won't go far wrong with something like this for your budget...:
    For Sale: Schmidt Bender 3-12x50 Zenith (German)

Good variable magnification, and plenty of light gathering with x50

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

If you haven't got alot to spend I have a 6x42 Schmidt german 1" tube it's in well used condition with a few marks here and there, it has a mark on the objective but does not effect the scope in anyway, it can still keep up with my lecia bins at last light yours for £200 posted