Combined Barbecue & Smoker

timbrayford

We are thinking about replacing our old barbecue with a combined barbecue & smoker. We hope to smoke trout, venison, partridge and pheasant. Does anyone have any suggestions of which bbq & smoker is best and easiest to use. atb Tim

Tim "Costco " had some real beauties for the £200 mark , it inc a separate smoking vessel/ compartment

Have a look at the weber range I have one and use one for both purposes and it's quality and simple to use.

We are thinking about replacing our old barbecue with a combined barbecue & smoker. We hope to smoke trout, venison, partridge and pheasant. Does anyone have any suggestions of which bbq & smoker is best and easiest to use. atb Tim

Just make one, you can get a good one that way. Pm me if you need any advice.
Kind regards, Olaf

i watched a program a while back on smoking meat and fish and a simple idea was to use a new metal dustbin drill holes around the top to put dowels through for hanging the meat fish or to sit a mesh on them. at the bottom cut a hole for a quality street tin to sit under and poke holes in the tin this tin sits on a camping stove and just fill up the tin with the saw dust of choice. The other would be to use an old gun cabinet and put shelves in for meat and use the same method for the camp stove and vent in the smoke, atb wayne

Thanks for the advice everyone. On reflection I think that I might be expecting too much from one bit of kit and will probably get/make a BBQ and a separate cold smoker. We have had some luck in refining our trout fishing technique lately and look forward to processing these with a preference for cold smoking - yet another thing to learn!

atb Tim

. The other would be to use an old gun cabinet and put shelves in for meat and use the same method for the camp stove and vent in the smoke, atb wayne

I have seen a filing cabinet used for a cold smoker by using the drawers to access the food and hold the hooks or racks. a bit of ducting in the bottom leading to a burner to cold smoke. I have never done it myself though.

Check out the range of Pro Q smokers on various websites
They also have cold smoking accessories
I have one and can recommend it

Check out the range of Pro Q smokers on various websites
They also have cold smoking accessories
I have one and can recommend it

The Pro Q hot & cold set looks like it might do the job, perhaps I ought to think in terms of serving fresh hot smoked food at bbqs instead of the conventional burnt offerings.

atb Tim

Back