Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a good buy from the USA?

What is a good buy from the USA?

I am going to Florida on business next week and I hope to make it to the Bass Pro shop in Miami.

What are sensible, cost effective (and legal) things to buy whilst I am there? I don't need clothing.

Any suggestions most welcome!

Phil
    Yet another 7mm08 user....

Hi there

To keep it simple, I've always found good deals on brass (even Lapua and Norma seemed much cheaper - must be a market volume factor) and dies and never had any issues with these in hold luggage or with customs this end.

Hope that helps.

FN

I got a cracking Khales scope for 70% of the uk price in Bass Pro, but all the scopes were signif cheaper than UK.

Pitnie

I wondered whether brass constituted a 'restricted item' for which you needed suitable export/import paperwork?

Phil

Well, I've just taken look and it would appear that you are correct and an export license is required for brass but not dies. Well there you go. Stick to dies. I must have got lucky.

FN

Quote Originally Posted by Philwilk View Post
    I wondered whether brass constituted a 'restricted item' for which you needed suitable export/import paperwork?

Phil

In the same vein, would there be any issue with a third party bringing me back non expanding bullets? (Not loaded ammo, just the projectile)

You input would be appreciated...

Mike

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by Philwilk View Post
    I am going to Florida on business next week and I hope to make it to the Bass Pro shop in Miami.

What are sensible, cost effective (and legal) things to buy whilst I am there? I don't need clothing.

Any suggestions most welcome!

Phil
    ​Are you going to the basspro in Ft Lauderdale or Miami? I went to the FL one in may...it is enormous, you need at least 3 hours there! Knives can be cheap, duck calls are cheap and fishing gear is really cheap.

Aren't some scopes restricted? Something to do with magnification and possible military (of the unofficial kind) use, so that might be worth checking. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than I will correct me if I am wrong.

David.

I am going to do an exhibition at Miami Beach so i believe that it is the one in Miami, about 27 miles from Miami Beach. Just hope that I get enough time.....

I love knives but have plenty, would like a pair of 8x30 binos for sticking in my pocket.....you can never have too many pairs of bins!

Phil