Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contract

I see they have kept things nice and simple as usual.couldnt be arsed even if I had the money.

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    And I won't tender because I can't wear my comedy camo!!!! Lol!

Tony i think you have read it wrong you dont pay they pay you mate.

I know this area of the Twedd valley well. The ground is very steep in places but very scenic, if you get the chance to enjoy it given the numbers. I would imagine there will be a few Sika there as well but they do t seem to be mentioned at all?

Brian don't know if you have noticed its the same on the syndicate land numbejrs seem very high for the ground
    ​ Atb tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    Brian don't know if you have noticed its the same on the syndicate land numbejrs seem very high for the ground
    ​ Atb tom
    Hi Tom

I was talking to my mate about this ground and he has a friend who managed only 4 roe for what was a lot of effort off a bit of FC ground in this area. He helps out occasionally with them. I am not going to name ground or persons names as I only know bits of the story but I would also agree that given the shooting activity in this area over the last few years it does seem like an optimistic weight if deer...

Some of the ground is pretty good, some not so, there is Sika on some of it also. It's a pretty busy area around here, with mountain biking, horse riding, walkers etc.
    you'll have to put some graft in to achieve those numbers.

George.

I have the stalking rights that border a good chunk of a couple of the tweed valley blocks involved in one of the contracts mentioned and also get access to the deer cull returns each year! I'm sure as already said it will be a hard task to achieve those numbers proposed by FC. The main headache will be working around the general public, the yair and elibank blocks are moving with mountain bikers with tracks all over the place. As in the past most of the deer will have to be culled at night to get near any of the numbers proposed.

Regarding Sika shot as mentioned in 2011-12 returns. Three were shot by FC in Elibank with no other mention to any other property's involved!
    Last edited by Von; 28-07-2013 at 11:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I have the stalking rights that border a good chunk of a couple of the tweed valley blocks involved in one of the contracts mentioned and also get access to the deer cull returns each year! I'm sure as already said it will be a hard task to achieve those numbers proposed by FC. The main headache will be working around the general public, the yair and elibank blocks are moving with mountain bikers with tracks all over the place. As in the past most of the deer will have to be culled at night to get near any of the numbers proposed.

Regarding Sika shot as mentioned in 2011-12 returns. Three were shot by FC in Elibank with no other mention to any other property's involved!
    Thats because roe stalkers struggle to get on terms with Sika Allan!!!