Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other 17 hornet owners

Any other 17 hornet owners

Just wondering what your views are so far. I only had mine out a couple of times ( Savage 25) before i had to go back to work. I thought it was an excellent calibre. Just right for those long range crows/bunnies etc. I was getting 1/2 inch groups at 100 no bother.
    Anyway I'm back home in a few weeks so cant wait to get it out again (the Rifle that is).

I bought mine on Monday from Low Moor Ranges, Cleaton Moor... took it out on Thursday to set scope.... Going out tomorrow morning for rabbits. I cannot wait to try it. However I think that I made a mistake buying the synthetic stock.. time will tell.

David

Im going to wait for the cz to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5shooter View Post
    Im going to wait for the cz to appear.
    Where abouts are you mate, im in Antrim

Spoke to the guy from Savage at the CLA. They have no plans to bring out a left hander so no good for me :-(

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

It is very plasticy and hollow but its nice and light. The front end does feel heavy because of the light stock. Think ill look into possibly getting a few inches off the barrel. As for accuracy its spot on.

We tried the CZ527 Varmint 17 Hornet wednesday with factory ammo . And three of us shot a hair under 3/4" at 100 yards for three shots . If my not so bright friend had brought along a cleaning rod I think we may have done better but my idiot friend who happens to be a gunsmith didn't see the need in cleaning the barrel at all before we shot it so it still had the factory grease inside !

I shot it last after about 15 shots had been put thru it by him and another fellow and my group was about 5/8" for 3 at 100 . I truely believe if I had been able to clean it , shoot a fouler and then try three I could have improved on that a bit !

We have a Leupold VX2 6-18x AO scope on the rifle !

antrim man??? can t be far from me lol.... would love to try the 17 hornet although I was nt struck on the savage. I too would wait for another brand..would suit my longer range rabbiting needs,would sell my hmr for one as I use the mach 2 and fac air

Quote Originally Posted by easypeasy View Post
    Where abouts are you mate, im in Antrim

Hey!,

Im from Armagh!
    hows it goin?
    did you apply for the 17 hornet for fox use or for long range small vermin if you dont mind me askin?
    Going to apply for one for small vermin but ya know what they are like over here! Bit difficult to say the least sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5shooter View Post
    Hey!,

Im from Armagh!
    hows it goin?
    did you apply for the 17 hornet for fox use or for long range small vermin if you dont mind me askin?
    Going to apply for one for small vermin but ya know what they are like over here! Bit difficult to say the least sometimes!
    I have a .22-250 for dedicated fox. I got the Hornet for long range vermin control. I had a 17hmr and put in for the variation for the 17 Hornet got it back in 8 days.