Thread: howa help

howa help

just picked up my new howa 243, it came with a weaver type rail and a set of nikko sterling medium 30mm mounts, ive mounted my swarovski 30mm scope, but its sitting to high for my liking, is there another mounting system that will lower the scope atb ray

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonbasher View Post
    just picked up my new howa 243, it came with a weaver type rail and a set of nikko sterling medium 30mm mounts, ive mounted my swarovski 30mm scope, but its sitting to high for my liking, is there another mounting system that will lower the scope atb ray
    how much clearance do you have between the scope and the rifle? you may be able to go to low mounts, if not then you would need to go to separate mounts and bases, and see if that can lower things.Although the scope may be the limiting factor.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I had the same problem with mine. I got a set of Remmy 700 bases from ebay, they lower the mounts by about 6 mm

Get some Leupold Low QRW mounts you will get a few fag papers clearance i do with a 56

I've got rings from these folk recently. http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/cat...t=Scope+Mounts

Keep in mind that as you lower the scope, you still need bolt handle clearance. The 243 Ackley listed below has a straight bolt and that stops me getting the scope as low as I would like. Regards JCS