Just cartridges

mickp

Has anybody used just cartridges before? And what is there service and delivery like?

I've used them several times over the last couple of years (Last time approx. 10 months ago) and have nothing but praise for their customer service and delivery times. Another benifit to me was a great range under one roof, especially for the smaller gauges.

Steve

10 minutes down the road from me, Charlie holds a great range in stock & his prices are pretty competitive with the added bonus of £15 delivery if required.

Cheers

Chris

Ordered 500 off them and they are coming tomorrow so will wait and see but all seems good, nice service and called me early to take the order.

I know that it's mainly shotgun cartridges that they sell (prices seem reasonable) but their rifle ammunition doesn't seem so reasonable when I last looked.

cartridges came today only problem was delivery driver didn't ask for for shotgun licence and just gave them to my girlfriend without asking for anything. that's not really just cartridges fault though more to do with crap and lazy delivery drivers.

cartridges came today only problem was delivery driver didn't ask for for shotgun licence and just gave them to my girlfriend without asking for anything. that's not really just cartridges fault though more to do with crap and lazy delivery drivers.
Although they surely would still have a duty of care when made aware of this problem?

I would have said "Thank you very much" and been happy that some folk have common sense.
I don't expect anybody without a shotgun certificate would be ordering from a company that would be expected to ask for a shotgun certificate and I can't see anybody ordering cartridges if they didn't have a shotgun.
We have enough useless burocracy as it is.

So why do they bother to print on the label, "Customer/Consignee to produce certificate"? Maybe they are hoping to comply with current requirements in law?

So why do they bother to print on the label, "Customer/Consignee to produce certificate"? Maybe they are hoping to comply with current requirements in law?

Probably to comply with the law, as stupid as it is. They've done their part and the driver used common sense by the sound of it.

A couple of years ago I took delivery of 25,000 work cartridges for the game dept because, funnily enough, there was no-one else available to unload them! I told the driver that he would have to bear with me while I nipped home to get my SGC, he had no idea what I was talking about.

Its purely to show they comply with the law, the drivers have no idea of the requirement other than the fact its written on the label, showing a random driver a SGC is pretty pointless in the scheme of things. They already keep a copy of your certificate on file when you order,

Still doesn't address the fact they are in some cases being left with people who may be of unsuitable character, or even unattended with open public access. I would be unhappy if I had been instrumental in someone coming to harm by way of this slovenly operation..

Back