Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variations in south yorks

Variations in south yorks

Just wondering what people's experiences are of variations in south yorks. Mainly time taken to get them back??

regards

​aaron

Aaron

South Yorks are usually pretty good and amenable but I understand variations are running around 4 weeks currently. I always find it helps to accompany the variation with a letter explaining what you have in mind and why(with the exception of a 1for1 of course). Ive had my ticket back in their a fair few times over the past few years and yet to have any real problem or issue with what I've asked.

12 week turnaround for a moderator.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

I think it depends who you are dealing with. 20 weeks for my last SC renew moved back across the city less than 8 weeks for a FC grant.

I was in need of a last minute variation as a barrel I had ordered turned up just before I was going away stalking. I expalined this to them over the phone in the morning and to my surprise it had been hand delivered to me my the time I got home from work.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...309#post148309
    Last edited by yorksjt; 28-07-2013 at 11:49. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged77 View Post
    Aaron

South Yorks are usually pretty good and amenable but I understand variations are running around 4 weeks currently. I always find it helps to accompany the variation with a letter explaining what you have in mind and why(with the exception of a 1for1 of course). Ive had my ticket back in their a fair few times over the past few years and yet to have any real problem or issue with what I've asked.
    Spot on advice about the letter.

7 months and counting for a variation and land check. Got basc involved, It's being self with by Lynne who seems to be getting stuff done, but she only works part time. Taking forever.

Put in a letter as advised above - the variation was to add stalking to my already granted .243
    its been 6 weeks already n getting a little worried as having a gun delivered on the 15th august
    i had already spoken to them regarding this issue as they had not put the deer stalking on at grant, and would turn t around pretty fast but seem to be dragging their feet.

I understand they've moved premises again, any move is going to slow things up. On top of that of course we have the well know survey saga which has no doubt prompted a review of their system, retraining and tightening of procedures (not to mention the admin of dealing and checking all of the surveys against records held). To be honest I know I typed 4 weeks in my initial post but I think I was being a little optimistic... I'm actually holding off on a variation just until I'm sure I have all the supplies I need, I suspect I might be in for a longer wait given the other responses above.

I rang them before putting it in and was quoted 4 weeks turnaround at the moment. Giving it till
    wednesday then on the phone to them again