Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hip scoring

Hip scoring

What should I expect to pay for this service

Cheers. Matt.

On Friday I had my GWP done at my local vet for 157 obviously you have to pay an extra 55 to BVA.

We pay that for combined Hip and Elbow testing.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

The BVA fee for elbows and hips is 100 and 50 for just hips.

Just a single radiograph for hips, whereas 5 required for both hips and elbows.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    The BVA fee for elbows and hips is 100 and 50 for just hips.

Just a single radiograph for hips, whereas 5 required for both hips and elbows.
    Apache. Do you have a practice or are you mobile?

​Cheers. Matt.

A practice

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Had 2 quotes today from 2 vets 5 miles apart. One was 160, the other was 275.
    How does that work then?

Matt.

Different costs of operating. One practice may use untrained staff and do the hip scores radiographs on the same table they use for consulting. The other practice may be staffed by qualified nurses, digital radiographs, full anaesthetic monitoring etc etc.

Very few practices are directly comparable. I know where I'd rather my dog had an anaesthetic.

One may include the BVA fee, one may not. One may have erroneously quoted for both hips and elbows and the other just elbows.

Cheapest almost never equals best.

Although sometimes it does, mine was done under sedation rather than a general by a practice that does a lot of them. She did go with a friend who took 5 dogs but that was a little over 100 all up. Because they do a lot of them the X-rays were good.

I just had a quote from our vet for hips only at 275.51

Is that too much? That does include the BVA fee
    Last edited by PointBlank; 27-08-2013 at 16:38.