Thread: Hornady Amax 7mm 162gr

Hornady Amax 7mm 162gr

Hey guys,

Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy Hornady Amax 7mm 162gr projectiles from here in the UK?

Cheers,
    Pop Shot

You would be better of finding a sporting shop near you and get them ordered in for you save loads of hassle , Amax 7mm and New Zealand sounds like a plan .

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Outback View Post
    You would be better of finding a sporting shop near you and get them ordered in for you save loads of hassle , Amax 7mm and New Zealand sounds like a plan .

Cheers
    He does list "Outer London" as location.

FWIW: I think the 162 A-Max is on the list of bullets they are temporarily discontinuing.~Muir

Why get them ordered in? They are legally regarded as non expanding so can be posted through the mail. Not sure if they are the cheapest but sportsman list them http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...Bullet+Heads+/
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I'm living in the United Kingdom at present, but New Zealand is my home and will be returning there shortly. There is an extreme shortage back home and I was thinking of taking some back with me. Sportsman Gun Centre is currently out of stock like many places.

I was aware that Hornady were discontuing there production of several projectiles and the 162gr Amax was on the list. However, it appears Hornady are going to continue production for it's New Zealand based clients. Here's hoping by the time I return home, the shortage will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Shot View Post
    I'm living in the United Kingdom at present, but New Zealand is my home and will be returning there shortly. There is an extreme shortage back home and I was thinking of taking some back with me. Sportsman Gun Centre is currently out of stock like many places.

I was aware that Hornady were discontuing there production of several projectiles and the 162gr Amax was on the list. However, it appears Hornady are going to continue production for it's New Zealand based clients. Here's hoping by the time I return home, the shortage will be over.
    Either that statement is incorrect, or Hornady's entire premise for the 'production suspensions' (as offered to the shooting public) is a load of room temperature bull manure. If they are going to keep their machines tooled up for that bullet they will sell it to everyone, not just New Zealand shooters. I think someone is feeding you a line....~Muir