Thread: DCS1 - BASC or BDS??

DCS1 - BASC or BDS??

I'm looking at booking my DSC1 this week and was originally going to do it with BASC in Nov, but noticed that the BDS are running one in Shrewsbury in Sept that I could also make.

Apart from BDS being cheaper, the big difference is 3 days BDS vs 4 days BASC! Why the difference is length, isn't this a standard course?

I'm tempted by the BDS because I can do the course and get the book etc for cheaper than the BASC course and their membership.

Hi Tim, mike is running a course in october was talking to guy at leek shooting centre today and he is booked on it, being run by NGO

Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    Hi Tim, mike is running a course in october was talking to guy at leek shooting centre today and he is booked on it, being run by NGO
    Mikes is a tad far each day for three days of training. It's not to bad for a quickie after work for some range time

Tim
    I did mine in Shrewsbury with the BDS in early June - it's actually held about 12 miles west of Shrewsbury
    The venue is excellent and the instruction was first class if that's any help
    ​Ed

ok tim, i did the assesment only day for my level 1 at David Strettons at castle donington, now that was fantastic place to do it, real family affair, and the home cooking made by his wife is just like ya mum used to make, glorous scenery as well at donington deer park for the shooting and safety test, 01332 810757