Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Varminting??? Closed???

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

UK Varminting??? Closed???

Is there anyone else having difficulty logging on to UKV?

TJ

Looks like you're right. Good site, given it's popularity,I can only imagine it will be a short term thing, if not, I'd put money on the fact someone will start up a similar web forum in the uk.
    The Technical section is/was a interesting read. It wasn't all about shooting bunnies at 500m.

looks like it has been closed following all the recent arguements about long range ethics!!

pity as it was a very good site.

Quote Originally Posted by DL
    Looks like you're right. Good site, given it's popularity,I can only imagine it will be a short term thing, if not, I'd put money on the fact someone will start up a similar web forum in the uk.
    The Technical section is/was a interesting read. It wasn't all about shooting bunnies at 500m.
    Not sure whats happening with UKV but i did find this forum this morning.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UK_Long_R...ex.php?act=idx

Ads

Ive just read elsewhere that UKV should be back up and running in a few days..... so thats a bit of good news on an otherwise rubbish friday.

I commented on a long range shot someone took with a .223 (they failed to mention the calib at the start of the thread) and just said i shot this bunny ping'd at 3++ yards. - C**K l thought straight away -

I commented on how stupid that was, and what impression it gave the younger impressionable forum users on the internet. My god l got a torrent of abuse from what l thought were a seeming level headed lot, on that particular forum both openly and on PM. After the PM's started flying in l replied openly saying that l didn't think it right a bunch of supposed 'intelligent', 'responsible' and safe gun users were so gun-ho and irresponsible to the point of ridiculous. I got one further nasty comment so then let rip back on PM saying something along the lines of....

.....'just because l think a 300yard shot is not safe especially across a valley doesn’t mean we have to agree. Whilst I appreciate you may be sat in your bedroom with c**k in hand jacking off to a head shot of Hitler and taking only ten minutes out of jumping on people who don’t share your opinion of safe shooting to shave your head. Not everyone will say ''Brilliant shot mate'' when someone shoots an unnecessary long shot and posts it as a way of measuring their manhood which you all must be dying to beat.

Happy slapping -

T..........

Not heard a thing since - although the posts still go on ‘385yard rabbit’ was the last one l saw and l just think TW*T. There's no skill in laying with HMR on Bipod zooming the scope mag to 30+ and looking up its nose...my nine year old could do that…

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    I commented on a long range shot someone took with a .223 (they failed to mention the calib at the start of the thread) and just said i shot this bunny ping'd at 3++ yards. - C**K l thought straight away -

I commented on how stupid that was, and what impression it gave the younger impressionable forum users on the internet. My god l got a torrent of abuse from what l thought were a seeming level headed lot, on that particular forum both openly and on PM. After the PM's started flying in l replied openly saying that l didn't think it right a bunch of supposed 'intelligent', 'responsible' and safe gun users were so gun-ho and irresponsible to the point of ridiculous. I got one further nasty comment so then let rip back on PM saying something along the lines of....

.....'just because l think a 300yard shot is not safe especially across a valley doesn’t mean we have to agree. Whilst I appreciate you may be sat in your bedroom with c**k in hand jacking off to a head shot of Hitler and taking only ten minutes out of jumping on people who don’t share your opinion of safe shooting to shave your head. Not everyone will say ''Brilliant shot mate'' when someone shoots an unnecessary long shot and posts it as a way of measuring their manhood which you all must be dying to beat.

Happy slapping -

T..........

Not heard a thing since - although the posts still go on ‘385yard rabbit’ was the last one l saw and l just think TW*T. There's no skill in laying with HMR on Bipod zooming the scope mag to 30+ and looking up its nose...my nine year old could do that…

THIS MUST BE A WIND UP??????

Bit like going on a racing car site, then shafting members for driving to fast

Or post on an american VARMINTING site and see what kind of reaction
    you get

NELL

If you cannot stalk in to a quarry to a really nice comfy 70 yards or so, say maybe it's out on clearfell around 500 yards, if you have the skills/equipment required & drop your quarry, does this mean you are unethical in some way? not trying to start any pissing contests here by the way!

You missed my point mate,

There are loads of kids now on the shooting sites and they read what the 'responsible' members have wrote and like any other form of media influences their opinions and actions.

I mearly pointed out that such threads on open forums isn't a good idea for this reason - then l got a barrage of abuse for saying so.

What l should have mentioned is that i got a load of PM's from all different types of members agreeing with what l had said.

One thread l saw a while back was a guy shooting his 22-250 at a 400yard + magpie sat on a fence post! Do you think that is a good idea? Or down-right stupidity? Its all a matter of opinion and what is sensible public material?!

Just my opinion.

Tom

Yes it dose 500 yard is to far for a near certain kill to many variables that cannot be worked out by a wind meter so lets leave that to bits of paper.
    If you cant stalk in then you will need to work out a different way of getting your beast or just give him best.