Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picatinny base recommendations

Picatinny base recommendations

Hi all,

I'm after a one piece picatinny scope base for my remington 700p short action.

Ive looked on the bay and there are a few for around £50, millet and recknagel are the manufacturers. I don't know much about these makers so could anyone recommend a decent maker of these please?

I do have a two piece base on at the moment, apparently it's made by Nightforce but the bottom of the cutout where the scope rings would sit is slightly curved rather than squared, anyone know if that design is unique to nightforce bases?

cheers.

​Atb.

I have an EGW rail on the 260 Rem in my Gallery at present and I will probably change it to a Third Eye Tactical one next year. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Treacy View Post
    Hi all,

I'm after a one piece picatinny scope base for my remington 700p short action.

Ive looked on the bay and there are a few for around £50, millet and recknagel are the manufacturers. I don't know much about these makers so could anyone recommend a decent maker of these please?

I do have a two piece base on at the moment, apparently it's made by Nightforce but the bottom of the cutout where the scope rings would sit is slightly curved rather than squared, anyone know if that design is unique to nightforce bases?

cheers.

​Atb.
    Have a look at http://www.thirdeyetactical.com/thir...bsite4_018.htm

Ian.

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of Third Eye, I have their Spartan end of barrel mod on the rifle want the base for.

Atb,
    ​Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    I have their rings and bases on two of my rifles and they are very well made.

ken farrell zero- 20 moa screws direct watch the frount screwas it may need finnishing off due to catching bolt head
    i also had a nightforce on another rem 700 pss . it was fine with night force rings but cost a bob or two
    Last edited by paul o'; 29-07-2013 at 16:16.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    i also had a nightforce on another rem 700 pss . it was fine with night force rings but cost a bob or two
    Were your nightforce bases rounded where the scope mounts meet it or squared? Just trying to ascertain the manufacturers of the bases I have, thanks.

Atb

think thay were rounded mine were tactical rings heavy as a brick so was the rail but nowt moved even removeing and putting scopes back did't have any loss of zero

These are really heavy too so probably are the same.

Cheers,
    ​Danny.