Retail Therapy - life's for living.

Shropshire Lad

Forever frustrated with Binos flapping around, particularly when crawling or getting into prone position, I've just pulled the trigger on an S4 bino harness. £50 is a lot of cash to hold your binos steady but it's a bit like asking how much a proper Goretex jacket is worth when you're five miles from base in horizontal rain - priceless.

I've watched with envy the YouTube clips from trail cams on SDers' uploads. Pulled the trigger on a Little Acorn 940nm from Amazon - hope it's a genuine version. Can't wait to set it up. Might even catch our resident poacher.

Offset the pret a porter purchases by making a set of Fox Pro twin sticks. If you are a committed twin stick user, you will never want to use any other version. Carry in the fully extended standing length; if you need to go kneeling or seated you are seconds away from the perfect position - no unscrewing, simply unclick and slide and you're there. Tried the sliding garden cane version - it works but you'll like the Fox Pros better. Tried the quad sticks - really steady on stationary targets ie paper; doesn't work for me on live animals. I know lots of people like them but ...
Learned how to cut a thread on some brass bar stock during the process. Many man-points were acquired...

Off to Hampshire tomorrow to educate the Roe Bucks to the Butallo caller - sorry, carefully call in some Roe bucks with my skilfully emitted pheeps, bleats and ears. Hopefully will be able to blood the new sticks.

What's brought all this nonsense on? Dad's not well and I've had a reminder that life's for living so stop mucking around and get on with it. The credit card usually gets a hammering when I feel like this. I take for granted the fact that I can stalk, get into a high seat, drag deer, jump onto and off the tailgate of a Ford Ranger, lift fallow unaided onto a gambrel, run, swim, ride, drive, answer the door, get out of a chair. Sorry everyone, getting old can be pretty cruel.

ATB

SL :|

Last edited:
+1 completely understand where your coming from! My favoured way of venting too...

You won't be disappointed with the s4 bino caddy great piece of kit. Enjoy your stalk down here on the Roe and be sure to let us know how you got on.

All the best

WH

Forever frustrated with Binos flapping around, particularly when crawling or getting into prone position, I've just pulled the trigger on an S4 bino harness. £50 is a lot of cash to hold your binos steady but it's a bit like asking how much a proper Goretex jacket is worth when you're five miles from base in horizontal rain - priceless.

I've watched with envy the YouTube clips from trail cams on SDers' uploads. Pulled the trigger on a Little Acorn 940nm from Amazon - hope it's a genuine version. Can't wait to set it up. Might even catch our resident poacher.

Offset the pret a porter purchases by making a set of Fox Pro twin sticks. If you are a committed twin stick user, you will never want to use any other version. Carry in the fully extended standing length; if you need to go kneeling or seated you are seconds away from the perfect position - no unscrewing, simply unclick and slide and you're there. Tried the sliding garden cane version - it works but you'll like the Fox Pros better. Tried the quad sticks - really steady on stationary targets ie paper; doesn't work for me on live animals. I know lots of people like them but ...
Learned how to cut a thread on some brass bar stock during the process. Many man-points were acquired...

Off to Hampshire tomorrow to educate the Roe Bucks to the Butallo caller - sorry, carefully call in some Roe bucks with my skilfully emitted pheeps, bleats and ears. Hopefully will be able to blood the new sticks.

What's brought all this nonsense on? Dad's not well and I've had a reminder that life's for living so stop mucking around and get on with it. The credit card usually gets a hammering when I feel like this. I take for granted the fact that I can stalk, get into a high seat, drag deer, jump onto and off the tailgate of a Ford Ranger, lift fallow unaided onto a gambrel, run, swim, ride, drive, answer the door, get out of a chair. Sorry everyone, getting old can be pretty cruel.

ATB

SL :|
+2 after a bad news phone call yesterday ....go for it ....ps the bino harness is brilliant .

A little bit of something good is such a gr8 tonic ,enjoy the stalk with your new kit .
​norma

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and treating yourself is no bad thing. may i ask where you purchased the s4 lockdown harness?

Let me tell you from one who knows, life is definately for living to the full now, eight years ago I was dealt a particularly rough hand from which at one stage I really did not think I would recover, but recover I did, not completely but enough to enjoy life, I discovered stalking and this forum, which has led to many new friendships, thanks chaps.

The other thing I did was to spend some money on a new 3 bay kennel and 3 of the very best black lab pups available, their daily welfare, training and affection is what keeps me going, a reason rain hail or snow to get out there. So yes spend some cash and enjoy it.

Best regards WB

You have got me thinking, iam as tight as they come, if I've got something that is ok I won't spend pounds more for something to improve it slightly. I've got loads in the bank with every bodies name on it when iam gone.

Hmmmm!!!!!
I need to really change the way I think
craggy

Back