Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very big Stag

Very big Stag

I've just come back from working away for a month, and my missus has told me that on the local tv news Westcountry that they have seen a Stag 9ft tall (Antlers included I presume), and that this is the largest Stag ever seen.
    Anyone know anything about this? Or is somebody justt having a laugh

Brian

I hope IanF saves it for me!!!!!

300lb!!
    That would be about a 3 year old in Thetford! Try about 500lb and you might be somewhere near it!

Can you imagine being st up a ride and this big fellow walks out in front of you ?. One things for sure you wouldnt want to have to drag him out by hand

Quote Originally Posted by auquhollie
    Can you imagine being st up a ride and this big fellow walks out in front of you ?. One things for sure you wouldnt want to have to drag him out by hand
    Let your mate shoot it then say "You shot it, you drag it"
    I wonder how many poachers will be driving the Devon/Somerset border in the near future.
    basil.

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/6267525/Largest-wild-animal-in-Britain-is-300lb-9ft-stag-the-Exmoor-Emperor.html
    Gotta love those journalists!

One moment they say "But the real danger comes from trophy hunters, who may wish to bag Britain's biggest beast" and then immediately link it to the 'grudge' killing of the two enclosed Stags on Richard Caring's land recently.

Anything to pad out a story.

Unless the pic was taken with a telephoto lens and the stag is 100m behind the hinds then, although he's a big boy, I've seen several like him in this area over the years.

Hard to tell from the pic how he would compare to the big fella from Arran?

Quote Originally Posted by auquhollie
    Can you imagine calling it and he puts the sneak on you from behind You would have to stay calm reload and fire again

I have seen stags as big on a couple of private deer heards not far from were i stay. I am sure there will be bigger ones about . Nice beast thow would not want to drag it far would need fork lift to move him