Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reamer fairy...

Reamer fairy...

I guess I have a weakness for tools/tooling....

Three more reamers to add to the collection:

6x45mm

20 Tactical

358 Win.

Yes, its a sickness...and encouraged by one here who shall not be named...and wants a .358Win chambered rifle...

They should be here day after tomorrow, and at $92 a pop, too good a deal to pass up...

ooooh, .358Win: interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by MarinePMI View Post
    I guess I have a weakness for tools/tooling....

Three more reamers to add to the collection:

6x45mm

20 Tactical

358 Win.

Yes, its a sickness...and encouraged by one here who shall not be named...and wants a .358Win chambered rifle...

They should be here day after tomorrow, and at $92 a pop, too good a deal to pass up...
    Jeepers, 92 bucks, if only! Besides, I like having a new rear torn when buying stuff here...not!

358 win sounds interesting!

This will be the man from MT will it ? So to get around his self imposed embargo on paying more than $100 or whatever it is on a new gun, he is going to get you to re-chamber one of his existing battery, don't do it

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    This will be the man from MT will it ? So to get around his self imposed embargo on paying more than $100 or whatever it is on a new gun, he is going to get you to re-chamber one of his existing battery, don't do it John
    LOL! Yes, I suppose that would be his logic...

Honestly, I think he just wanted something he could feed cheap .357 pistol bullets, and use once fire military .308 brass as parent cases. It should be an interesting build...

LOL! Yes, I suppose that would be his logic...

Honestly, I think he just wanted something he could feed cheap .357 pistol bullets, and use once fire military .308 brass as parent cases. It should be an interesting build...
    Sneaky bugger is saving for another purchase, I just know it!

See if he'll let you have one of his FN Commercials as payment... fair barter afterall...

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    Sneaky bugger is saving for another purchase, I just know it! See if he'll let you have one of his FN Commercials as payment... fair barter afterall...
    Actually, I think I already have one of his FN's...it's a fast twist 22-250...begging to be rebarreled into 9.3x62 (already have the reamer for that, just haven't gotten the barrel blank). I think it was gifted to me, quite a few years back. Nice action. As for him saving for another purchase; I seem to recall him pining away over a T-3 in 7mm-08 last week... ​
    Last edited by MarinePMI; 30-07-2013 at 14:45.

Actually, I think I already have one of his FN's...it's a fast twist 22-250...begging to be rebarreled into 9.3x62 (already have the reamer for that, just haven't gotten the barrel blank). I think it was gifted to me, quite a few years back. Nice action.
    DO IT! Do IT NOW! You won't regret it. My FN Commerical is a 9.3x62 and is a hoot. And great round as well! (And you'll make the Montanan jealous, 9.3x57 just isn't the same animal)
    As for him saving for another purchase; I seem to recall him pining away over a T-3 in 7mm-08 last week... ​
    Tell him to get a man's 7mm, ie 7x64 (Everything a .270Win should be!)

Scrummy
    Last edited by scrumbag; 30-07-2013 at 15:32.

A 358 Win is on top of my wish list. I'm just on a self-imposed embargo also... My plan was to get Howa barreled action in something like 308, scrap the barrel and go from there. When you move up from 30cal the 358 is first, if not only, choice where you can find economic (jacketed) bullets.

Short action, enough velocity for 200 - 300+ grain hunting bullets, efficient cartridge, low muzzle report, reasonable recoil, cheapish bullets for practice while duplicating hunting load's ballistics, potential for subsonic loads including bullets that are designed to expand at those velocities. What's not to like?

I do own a commercial Mauser in 9.3x62 but I tend to load it down somewhat, it's PITA regarding optics (traditional claw mount) and cheaper/lighter bullets are hard to find for training (S&B 193gr 9.3x72R and Hornady XTP Makarov being the only choices I'm aware of).

Quote Originally Posted by jthyttin View Post
    A 358 Win is on top of my wish list. I'm just on a self-imposed embargo also... My plan was to get Howa barreled action in something like 308, scrap the barrel and go from there. When you move up from 30cal the 358 is first, if not only, choice where you can find economic (jacketed) bullets. Short action, enough velocity for 200 - 300+ grain hunting bullets, efficient cartridge, low muzzle report, reasonable recoil, cheapish bullets for practice while duplicating hunting load's ballistics, potential for subsonic loads including bullets that are designed to expand at those velocities. What's not to like? I do own a commercial Mauser in 9.3x62 but I tend to load it down somewhat, it's PITA regarding optics (traditional claw mount) and cheaper/lighter bullets are hard to find for training (S&B 193gr 9.3x72R and Hornady XTP Makarov being the only choices I'm aware of).
    You know, Lee will make a swaging die for taking .375 bullets and getting them down to .366 for the 9.3mm. Also, some folks have annealed 9mm cases, filled them with lead and swaged them down in the same die for cheap plinking bullets. Some have even used the 9mm cased bullets for deer with great success.

​Just a thought...