Thread: Armstrongs of Nottingham

Armstrongs of Nottingham

Back in the late 60s when i started stalking Armstrongs of Nottingham was one of the few places in England where you could buy stalking kit.
    Mr Armstrong (Stan?) Seemed like a real gent and i always had great service from him.
    ​What happened to Armstrongs of Nottingham?

When I started in the late '80s/early '90s Armstrongs and Roger Saunders (Jagersport) were the only decent suppliers of stalking kit. Andersons in East Grinstead were always good for rifles too. Glyn.

Armstrongs closed a few years ago when it was based in Carlton, it was then briefly at the indoor range at Arnold but really in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    Armstrongs closed a few years ago when it was based in Carlton, it was then briefly at the indoor range at Arnold but really in name only.
    must have been nearer to 20 years ago...I can remember saving my pocket money and cycling up to Carlton Hill to buy my first ever scope from there when I was about 11 - it was 15 and absolute rubbish but I loved it and thought I was a proper sniper with my little .177 baikal. My dad really misses the shop as no decent gunsmiths near him at all now.

God you are making me feel old now , my first job was at T.K Stathams in Arnold -another great shop in it's time.

God you are making me feel old now , my first job was at T.K Stathams in Arnold -another great shop in it's time.
    I am only 32 so maybe it was 15 years ago...

Was that during the war or before.....lol
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotwild View Post
    Was that during the war or before.....lol
    Bast*** there was a good trade in flintlocks in those days and 14 of us lived in a shoebox in the middle of the road !!!