Armstrongs of Nottingham

Jagare

Back in the late 60s when i started stalking Armstrongs of Nottingham was one of the few places in England where you could buy stalking kit.
Mr Armstrong (Stan?) Seemed like a real gent and i always had great service from him.
​What happened to Armstrongs of Nottingham?

When I started in the late '80s/early '90s Armstrongs and Roger Saunders (Jagersport) were the only decent suppliers of stalking kit. Andersons in East Grinstead were always good for rifles too. Glyn.

Armstrongs closed a few years ago when it was based in Carlton, it was then briefly at the indoor range at Arnold but really in name only.

Armstrongs closed a few years ago when it was based in Carlton, it was then briefly at the indoor range at Arnold but really in name only.

must have been nearer to 20 years ago...I can remember saving my pocket money and cycling up to Carlton Hill to buy my first ever scope from there when I was about 11 - it was £15 and absolute rubbish but I loved it and thought I was a proper sniper with my little .177 baikal. My dad really misses the shop as no decent gunsmiths near him at all now.

Back