T8 and lamping query

martinl

Just bought a 2nd hand 243 rifle package, it is fitted with a T8 mod, neoprene cover and 8x56 S+b scope.
I went out lamping for the first time with this outfit only to find that the lamp mounted to the scope is flaring out the scope off the T8. Remove the neoprene cover and it still flares out, remove the T8 and the picture is perfect..
Do I need to buy higher mounts or is there another solution.
The rifle with the T8 mounted is hittng 2"ish groups at 200yds remove the mod and the the groups are 3" up and 3" left..

Thanks in advance.
Martin

either put a front lense cover over front and cover the bottom half with tape or put tape over bottom half of the objective lense this will cure your problem ..neil

you need the light mounted to the front of the scope,i have had the same problem,i got round it by putting a mod cover on the mod,if this dosnt work try rising the scope mount,i put some rubber under the backet on the light (on my light force lamp) to raise it about 5mm

Cover bottom half of front lens with tape,it works just fine.Shot a fox 2 nights ago using this method. Much easier than adding all sort of shades etc.

Hummel

Cover bottom half of front lens with tape,it works just fine.Shot a fox 2 nights ago using this method. Much easier than adding all sort of shades etc.

Hummel

Hummel, does that not restrict vision out of the 'scope, can you still see the reticle?

Simon

Mentioned this on another post but if you've got a butler creek flip cover put it on upside down and have it 3/4 open, there will be no loss of view and flare reduced big time, I do all my lamping on my own and this works for me.

Sunshades on the scope I use 4" on my Leupold. Cut out side flare from lamp with similar or piece of rubber inner tube. Also if possible mount lamp as far back on scope as possible.You need to cut out the overspill, so closer to scope and might try neoprene moddy cover. Will take a while to sort but you will crack it. Also try and get hold of Robert Bucknells latest book.

D

Had trhe same problem with my PEZ mod. I ended up making a palstic funnel/cover/shroud to fit tightly over the end of my lamp, it extends apx 8inches forward, tightens the beam up and stops the flare. Very light and didnt cost me anything, I basically got an old plastic tub, cut the bottom of it cut it to size adn then taped it together and covered it with black plastic liner.

Hi Flytie,
NO it doesn`t restrict your vision in any way and you can still see the reticle.
Try it ,what have you to lose, just a couple of bits of tape.It sounds so simple you wouldnt think it would work but it does

cheers Hummel

Back