Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats your thoughts tikka t3 in .308 for novice stalker

whats your thoughts tikka t3 in .308 for novice stalker

used to fire slr 7.62 in the green,job .doing dsc 1 got cull day n stalking coming up .308 is my choice of first calibre for roe .munty fallow and hope to go after reds in scotland.lotsa family up in fife.really liked the tikka t3 lite at the shooting show.got sort of permission to get one from the boss.what do u experienced guys think

Perfect calibre for a novice, no fuss or nonsense, plenty of ammo choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Perfect calibre for a novice, no fuss or nonsense, plenty of ammo choice too.
    What he said ^^^^^^^^

Ideal
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I have a Tikka T3 in .308 and can't complain.

be like a old glove then mty crack on enjoy
    you'r never alone with a 308 by your side .

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    used to fire slr 7.62 in the green,job .doing dsc 1 got cull day n stalking coming up .308 is my choice of first calibre for roe .munty fallow and hope to go after reds in scotland.lotsa family up in fife.really liked the tikka t3 lite at the shooting show.got sort of permission to get one from the boss.what do u experienced guys think

Ideal,unless you can stretch the budget for a Sako 75 or 85 in same calibre.......

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Ideal,unless you can stretch the budget for a Sako 75 or 85 in same calibre.......
    best answer ;-)

I got a 308 as my first stalking rifle, I went for a remington 700 SPS Stainless so I can tinker with it and maybe change it into a long range target gun later on if I want a different stalking calibre.

As other have said, it's a been there done it all calibre. Lots of reloading equipment out there and readily available factory ammo. Can't go wrong with .308

I use a t3 in .308 .. great cal / rifle. start with a .308 coz, if you started with less you'll always wonder what .308 is like and after a lot of money and time you will end up with one anyway
    atb
    wcm