Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Staying away when stalking/hunting.

Staying away when stalking/hunting.

Just wondering what people expect when going on a Stalking/Hunting trip for a few days or more I mean with accommodation rather than the stalking only reason I ask is My mate and I have been to a cracking place in Scotland for a few years now and there is a rough old bothy that we have stayed and I mean rough but you are on the ground that you are stalking on and just as likely to see a deer from the back door. My gripe is my mate no longer wants to rough it and wants to pay for a B&B or similar, but I have said that if I am going to pay for accommodation I would rather go away with my wife and son.
    Its a bit of a stand off really he wont rough it and I wont pay for a bed when there is one on site all included in the price of the stalking. How many are like me and enjoy the roughing side of hunting away from home.

for the few hours your going to be asleep it doesn't matter..........however its nice to have a proper bog and loo roll

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    for the few hours your going to be asleep it doesn't matter..........however its nice to have a proper bog and loo roll
    I agree with the loo roll bit... but you can't beat a good wilderpoo, just remember to cover it with pine needles when you're done
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    I/ most of us sleep in a swag wherever we are hunting.I like to do that and have a laugh at some in Vic that 'motel' it then daily drive to the hunt area. Its good to walk onto deer from camp silently and not alert them that you have arrived in your wheels..I`m with you IanLuc.

Let you mate stay in accom and when he arrives have a deer on the ground waiting ha ha.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

There always comes a time when the body can`t take `roughing it` like it used too and the need for home comforts creep in...
    Maybe your mate has reached that time.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

well i love getting away i am just heading off to a new ground but this is my accomadation normally.

and when i feel like going upper class

it has all the mod cons of gass light and cooking facility on an old skillet and proper bunk beds just watch out for possums in the night

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    well i love getting away i am just heading off to a new ground but this is my accomadation normally.

and when i feel like going upper class

it has all the mod cons of gass light and cooking facility on an old skillet and proper bunk beds just watch out for possums in the night
    Who do you rent it off Wayne ..... Grizzly Adams??
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

All part of the adventure..............

Will your Land owner allow you to put a Caravan on? That could possibly be a compromise solution?

Yorkie.

Tell your mate he can stay where he likes but your happy as you are , your both grown ups and can do as you please?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !