Thread: Had a lesson in not rushing and being a ****head

Had a lesson in not rushing and being a ****head

Set off this morning bright and early (well dark and early to be fair) arrived on my ground and set off, gentle stroll up a track and caught sight of a Buck and Doe (Roe) tearing round like loons in the small plantation, they then disappeared. Carried on and 5.40am creeping along a hedge line caught sight of 3 roe, doe, fawn and a youngish buck, not the greatest head on him so decided to take him.

Lined him up, bang "good shot reload!" he took a few steps and down he went, took a slow amble round to him, gralloch and into a sack.

About 8am packed up, set a few squirrel traps and then had a couple of calls to do on way home, 2 wasps nests and 3 moles later Im at home and the chiller is playing silly beggers so decided to skin and butcher the buck sharpish.

Skinned out the hind quarters and Ive still no clue how I managed it, except I was holding a knife when I shouldnt have been, next thing Im thinking christ my legs wet, look down tear in trousers, blood down to my boots. 5 inch clean slice right next to the knee, belted into house grabbed a clean tea towel and old belt and rang the quacks, our village nurse used to be in a and e so 12 stiches, a tetenus jab and course of anti biotics later and Im back home to a fly blow buck

Still he is now going to the local wolf trust so at least the wolves will be happy and he wont be wasted.

So dont rush folks it just aint worth it

Sorry to hear of your accident, but I appreciate your passing it on as a cautionary tale. I hope the gash heals up nicely, but remember, we don't need pictures.

Nasty and too easy to do. Good job the knife was sharp.

regards

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.