Thread: Watching Roe Rutting From My Office

Watching Roe Rutting From My Office

As I am sitting at my desk typing this post I can't believe my luck. I am watching a roe buck chasing a doe round and round the field which is only 100m from my window. There is also the does fawn in the field watching the chase.

That's the third time this week I have seen it at two different locations.

I am looking forward to tomorrow mornings outing, hopefully will see plenty more rutting behaviour and if I can bag a cull beast in the process then I will be a happy man !

Good luck everyone over the weekend.

ATB

Stewarty

Quote Originally Posted by Stewarty69 View Post
    As I am sitting at my desk typing this post I can't believe my luck. I am watching a roe buck chasing a doe round and round the field which is only 100m from my window. There is also the does fawn in the field watching the chase.

That's the third time this week I have seen it at two different locations.

I am looking forward to tomorrow mornings outing, hopefully will see plenty more rutting behaviour and if I can bag a cull beast in the process then I will be a happy man !

Good luck everyone over the weekend.

ATB

Stewarty
    that must be torture! every time the buck stops for a good H/L shot...all you can do is watch! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    that must be torture! every time the buck stops for a good H/L shot...all you can do is watch! LOL
    It sure is PKL

Was out with the dog for a walk last night. Watched a buck and doe chase and mate 3 times 100m into a field from the footpath. The best of it was that I must have had 3-4 people walk past me whilst I stood there and not one of them looked into the field, too busy on their smartphones or listening to ipods.......

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    Was out with the dog for a walk last night. Watched a buck and doe chase and mate 3 times 100m into a field from the footpath. The best of it was that I must have had 3-4 people walk past me whilst I stood there and not one of them looked into the field, too busy on their smartphones or listening to ipods.......
    I love my gadgets but there is a time and a place for them and different time and place for enjoying nature.

Our gadgets should be slaves to us not us being slaves to them !

Stewarty69