Thread: Major clear out.....

Major clear out.....

OK, it’s that time again lads, clearing out a few rifles to make space for some new gear – I have a major itch that needs scratching….

First up, CZ455 17HMR with a 16” varmint barrel and thumb hole stock. This rifle as done nothing, maybe 400 rounds. Can’t stand the thing. Comes with a Meopta 7x50. 675 for the lot, Rifle 450 and scope 250. Won’t sell the scope until the rifle has gone.

I might take a swap on this for a half decent bit of glass - Zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 with turrets.

Next up, Sako 75 in 22/250. Stainless and Synthetic. Bought with the intention of rebarreling but it is too good to pull apart. 19.5” barrel cut 15x1 spigot by Steve Kershaw. Seriously accurate with a number of loads which I will share.
    Rile only 775.

Now this one I might regret, or change my mind on.

Sako 75 in 260rem. Sako size III action in blue, stainless Lothar Walther barrel cut at 20.5” with a 15x1 spigot thread. McMillan Sako Hunter stock, devcon bedded. Again very accurate with a number of loads which I will share. The throat was cut fairly short so it is better suited to the lighter (sub 130gr) bullets. Rifle was built by Chris Blackburn four years ago. I then had Steve Kershaw cut and re-thread the barrel (Chris was out of commission for a while). Round count is c.600.

I want 1400 for this one.

I also have an ASE Northstar in 224 cal with a 15x1 spigot suitable for a factory threaded Blaser. 125 posted.
    Last edited by Claret_Dabbler; 02-08-2013 at 13:52.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

You're selling your .260 ..... That must be some scratch !!! Good luck with the sale....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wapiti View Post
    You're selling your .260 ..... That must be some scratch !!! Good luck with the sale....
    ​Might renege on that decision yet Bill.
    Brian.

Bit of a bump....
    Brian.

Just out of interest, what will it take to scratch the .260 itch ????????

My itch was 45/70 to .300 Win Mag. just now waiting for a 7 weeks 141!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!