Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acceptable trigger pull

Acceptable trigger pull

I was just wondering what you chaps consider to be an acceptable trigger pull weight is?
    I had my 10/22 dropped by Roger at Rimfire Magic to around the 1 1/2lbs mark but I would be interested to see what folks are running their CF rifles at

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    I was just wondering what you chaps consider to be an acceptable trigger pull weight is?
    I had my 10/22 dropped by Roger at Rimfire Magic to around the 1 1/2lbs mark but I would be interested to see what folks are running their CF rifles at
    My stalking rifles, the sako's and tikka's are all set at 1.5lbs, my target rifle 7oz, and I just checked the .444, 4.1lb

regards
    ​Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Cheers Pete.
    I had a "play" with one of those Baikal break barrel rifles recently and that was set at 4lb 10 which I found a little heavy but thought it may have just been me being a fussy beggar!

Personally I believe that elimination of creep and over travel are equally if not more import than weight. 1.5 -2lbs is perfect for a hunting rifle.

I can't abide 2 stage triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by TankGunner View Post
    Personally I believe that elimination of creep and over travel are equally if not more import than weight. 1.5 -2lbs is perfect for a hunting rifle.

I can't abide 2 stage triggers.
    I can't help wondering what the trigger pull is like on a tank main gun .

​fraser

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    I can't help wondering what the trigger pull is like on a tank main gun .

​fraser
    way less than 1lb, its fired electrically and to be honest its like the trigger on those old gaming joystick things we had with early computer/tv game consoles.(like the ones we stuck to the table top with suckers)

the recoils a bit of a bugger tends to hurt a bit if you get it wrong.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Sounds like it would be easy to develop a flinch but given the weight of the weapon not a hindrance to accuracy .

How are you getting on Bob?

ATB

​fraser

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    Mines set at 2.5 lbs wouldn't like it any lower on a hunting rifle. Think a consistent pull weight is important, my old x pro trigger used to be anywhere between 3lbs - 5lbs, I sometimes thought I'd left the safety on
    Last edited by .243Ady; 10-08-2013 at 12:28.

My .308 has double set triggers , No1 is around 2lb and No2 is , well you only have to think "fire"!

stalking rifle around 3lb, K31 around 31/2lb with a lovely 2 stage pull, Steyr AUG somewhere between 8-10lb and a not so lovely 8+ stage pull
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."