Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent heart attack

Recent heart attack

WHat would be the legal ramifications be if I had another one when out shooting and I had to go in an ambulance and leave my guns with my mates .

Paul we could all have an accident while out stalking or suffer ill health. That i am sure would not be any ones fault and if your mate took the gun to the nearest afe place eg cop shop of RFD etc .I see no ramifications at all.

None as long as your mates contacted the police immediately and explained the situation. The police would normally attend and ensure that any firearms are taken into safe keeping which could actually be simply entrusted to your mate in the first instance. I know this because it happened to me a good many years ago when my friend dropped dead when we were out stalking in the west country.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

If you're a member of BASC I'd give their legal dept a holler as they should have a better handle on the legalities...

I totally agree with 6pointer, but The Law is a fickle b*gger, and although we can see the common sense response, The Law might see it differently.

The best alternative though is not to worry about it, as your guns will be the least of your worries if (Heaven forbid) you're in the back of an ambulance!!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I know this because it happened to me a good many years ago when my friend dropped dead when we were out stalking in the west country.
    Holy ***, that's awful!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Yes a mile from the nearest house, no mobile phones nearest call box a mile and a half away, wasn’t a good day for any of us. I have to say that both the local police (Wiltshire) and our local force were very good and dealt with it in a very sensible and sympathetic way. Obviously they were concerned that my friend’s rifle and the ammunition that he had on him at the time were secured but after establishing who I was and that I had a FAC they handed them over to me for safe keeping and arranged for a temporary permit to be issued the following morning. It was one time that I was grateful that I had my FAC with me.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

some police are able to think
    cheers lister
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Yes a mile from the nearest house, no mobile phones nearest call box a mile and a half away, wasn’t a good day for any of us. I have to say that both the local police (Wiltshire) and our local force were very good and dealt with it in a very sensible and sympathetic way. Obviously they were concerned that my friend’s rifle and the ammunition that he had on him at the time were secured but after establishing who I was and that I had a FAC they handed them over to me for safe keeping and arranged for a temporary permit to be issued the following morning. It was one time that I was grateful that I had my FAC with me.

Common sense should/would prevail, a firearms cert holder is probably better than any old P.C. attending, but you don't always get that approach.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Trev says you better keep those guns in good nick he only want to be left with quality goods
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Trev can go and have sex with himself ho doesn't know what class is lol