Thread: Blaser r8 success harris bipod fitting

Blaser r8 success harris bipod fitting

The success stock does not come with a swivel stud where I would normally fit the bipod to
    Has anyone out there fitted a stud or know of any ways to fit a bipod to the thumb hole success stock
    Many thanks mark

I personally use one of these. Blaser Bipod mount for Blaser R8 for Sale! - EuroOptic.com

combined with a versapod.

I dont often use a bipod so this system works very well for quickly putting on and taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbeatle View Post
    The success stock does not come with a swivel stud where I would normally fit the bipod to
    Has anyone out there fitted a stud or know of any ways to fit a bipod to the thumb hole success stock
    Many thanks mark
    Mark,

Why don't you speak to Robert at Blaser UK, the horses mouth, so to speak...

​Only us Brits seem to think that clipping a bipod onto a sling stud is a good idea when it was never designed into the stock in the first pace.

Stan

If its the same as the R8 pro, when you remove the barrel there is a circular recess in the stock.
    this is where you drill to insert a Harris bipod stud.
    If you call Gregor at Macloeds he will tell you the number of the Harris adapter you need, don't quote me but I think it's a number 10 ??

+ 1 for advise from Gregor, he fitted the adaptor to my R8 pro stock in no time atall.

ATB wallace

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    I personally use one of these. Blaser Bipod mount for Blaser R8 for Sale! - EuroOptic.com
    combined with a versapod.
    I dont often use a bipod so this system works very well for quickly putting on and taking off.
    I fitted Harris studs to my off-road stocks and have since fitted the above to my Pro stock on which it just replaces the front sling swivel - works very well although I tend to go back to the Harris's 'cos they're a bit lighter and easier to use with podlocks.

Bought mine from Vertebrae shop..... bit cheaper than eurooptic and quick to arrive.

Bipod mount for Blaser R8 | eBay

's me

Fizz