A belated introduction

Inverey

I've been browsing this site for a while, but have failed to post an introduction.

I've been stalking on an occasional basis for 30+ years and have a few rifles including a couple of rimfires, 6.5x55, 7mm Rem Mag and a Savage MLII .50 smokeless muzzleloader.

I recently went on safari to South Africa with my bow, which was a very exciting trip.

Hello. Sounds like you have a lot of experience. I'm a novice stalker. Did an introductory course with the Stalking School in Moray a few years back and was hooked. Heading to Caithness in November for a few days which I'm really looking forward to. I'm interested in bow hunting. Have done a bit of target archery with a recurve, but would like to get my hands on a compound bow at some stage. Been looking at the Quest Hammer bow which is around £400 but just about to purchase first deer rifle so the bow may have to wait a bit longer. There seems to be a growing interest in bow hunting. A few other people who have posted on the site are involved in it too.

I've been looking at this website:

Bowhunting in Scotland

What were you hunting in Africa?

The Africa trip was for plains game and I shot warthog, Gemsbok and Impala.

I know that some European countries have legalised bowhunting relatively recently, however, I think that it is unlikely that there would be a political willingness to consider the matter in the UK.

Yes, I've looked at the European Bowhunting Federation website which has a detailed list of European countries were bowhunting is permissible. It is doubtless that MSP's would be hostile towards it being developed in Scotland. Hunting with rifles is often misunderstood, let alone a bow.

Back