Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted by User

hi Pete E
    i hav the use of 2 chillers at the father inlaws
    the 6x8 was a freebie about 15 years old which i had an old air conditioning unit fitted to it with filled with refridgeration gas, works damn good utlay was 200 plus a bit of venison
    the other is 10x8 free from a flower shop when it closed down and the father inlaw fitted a proper unit to that as he does a few turkeys and geese for christmas not sure how many deer they will hold as i hav never managed to shoot that many in one go but like you said no more getting up a 3am, shooting 2 roebucks back for 7am and the having to fight the flies off while skinning and jointing up before breakfast ,just bang them in the chiller, roe liver on toast for brekkie, go to work and skin and joint when it suits me,
    as for the boar get a winch set up (damn do they smell )do not want to struggle lifting one of those

I share a refridgerated lorry body with a mate. It is far two big but we keep it on a farm where we do most of our vermin control and deer and the farmer is happy to pay the electric for us (Nice bloke!!) I reckon we have room for about 30 carcasses if we wanted to!

I hang my carcases in the garage much to my better halves displeasure. And She goes nuts when I bring the carcuse into the kitchen to butcher it

Pete E,
    you need someone with fridging experience to regas the fridge system definitly not a diy job

steve

Hi PeteE,

Um no but if I did I would be in her bad books for quite some time if I did. Was bad enought when I left a bit of blood on the wall and floor from last time.

Jase.

I have one of those landig chillers that will take two fallow. Possible the best bit of kit to invest in after a good rifle and scope. Now i can shoot all year round whatever the weather and hanging the meat 2 weeks at 2oC makes butchering a dream and the meat tastes much better.

Mark