Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: they can be turned

they can be turned

just had to share this with you chaps. I have a mate which i will call Anti to protect his identity, now i first met Anti 20 years ago when i worked for myself and at the time he was anti shooting and hunting and he had been a veggie for god knows how many years. today i took him pigeon shooting and he loved it. ive always fought our (shooters) corner and tried to get him to eat meat. he applied for his SC about 6 months ago after seeking my advice. He now eats meat and will eat everything he kills.

He now has more friends that participate in fieldsports and does not talk to his old anti friends. He also sees why shooting is good for the retention of habitat and species and to an extent endangered animals.

So as a result of my passion for my sport i can say that ive introuduced directly five people into shooting including Anti. What about the rest of you?

Result! Half of them can't see beyond their synthetic shoelace fluglebinder!

I like many I'm sure have had the conversation many times over with the pure ignorant of people...I don't bother any more...I just simply say, your opinion and you're entitle to it!

I'm always taking stick / banter at work such comments as "killed any defenceless fury animals this week?" Usually followed with "have you got any more of those venison burgers, pheasant, rabbit etc"
    In the last 12 months (although not anti shooting) 2 of my workmates have got their SGC and have enjoyed a couple of outings on the pigeons and rough shooting. They're both hooked
    Wingy

My misses was the same wouldn't even entertain it couldn't even to get her to pick up a fox or touch a deer a real wimp now she bugging me for a rifle and she wants to bowhunt in Africa next time we go.

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    My misses was the same wouldn't even entertain it couldn't even to get her to pick up a fox or touch a deer a real wimp now she bugging me for a rifle and she wants to bowhunt in Africa next time we go.
    ​Not another coating job coming my way! Lol

I would never try to change anyone's opinion, it's not for me to convince them that there's a lot more to hunting than just killing things.... Just as I put another copy of watchtower straight in the recycle bin.

Just imagine, if everyone hunted there would be even less land to go round.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I've not known many 'militant' anti types personally but have talked to loads and the majority are incredibly narrow minded. Its more of a lifestyle thing and a social scene. The few that I have spent time with have all admitted (not publicly) that 'wildlife management' has its place and don't have too much of a problem especially if what is killed is done humanely and eaten. Others have just been brainwashed and have some huge misconceptions but given a friendship based on mutual respect I think many would see sense.

Si - I don't agree with you on this. On the religious subject, 'each to their own' can't work as only one group of people can be right and as so much depends on it, it is worth getting to the bottom of. In the shooting debate I don't go out of my way to have a debate but I think if everyone was pro not everyone would shoot as you have those with a strong hunting instinct and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    thats a proper result