Thread: Stag weekend - literally?

Stag weekend - literally?

Chaps,

I am possibly a little late in asking / organising but I am getting married in about 6 weeks so thoughts have turned to a stag do…I am not a massive drinker so the traditional “lads” stag do does not appeal to me so I just had the idea of some sort of sporting weekend, just me, my brother (who is my best man) and my dad.

I would like to possibly go up to Scotland and combine some stalking with some salmon / sea trout fishing or some grouse shooting maybe…I don’t want to spend an absolute fortune on it but I think I would rather spend money on this than a load of booze!

Does anyone know of any guides / outfits that offer this sort of thing? It would have to be a weekend and preferably in the UK although Ireland could also be a possibility.

Many thanks,

Anthony
    Last edited by Oscarsdad; 05-08-2013 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarsdad View Post
    Chaps,

I am possibly a little late in asking / organising but I am getting married in about 6 weeks so thoughts have turned to a stag do…I am not a massive drinker so the traditional “lads” stag do does not appeal to me so I just had the idea of some sort of sporting weekend, just me, my brother (who is my best man) and my dad.

I would like to possibly go up to Scotland and combine some stalking with some salmon / sea trout fishing or some grouse shooting maybe…I don’t want to spend an absolute fortune on it but I think I would rather spend money on this than a load of booze!

Does anyone know of any guides / outfits that offer this sort of thing? It would have to be a weekend and preferably in the UK although Ireland could also be a possibility.

Many thanks,

Anthony
    Anthony

If you are interested I can offer Sika Stag stalking and point you in the right direction for some salmon fishing as well. Depending on the time you want to come the fishing may not be cheap as it's on the Tweed. As an alternative there is quality trout/pike on the fly on a private 100acre Loch nearby that is owned by a friend.

I can PM you further details or provide my phone number. All based in the Scottish Borders.

I cater for stag parties quite often , i can arrange outings for roe ,possibly reds (depending on dates) or wild goat
    also clay pigeon shooting or an outing for boar
    the river Nith nearby has a couple of places you can buy day tickets to fish for salmon or come out with me to the nets
    on the estuary for free

For my Stag weekend my bestman organised a weekend for him, his brother, my father, another old friend and me to go up t an estate in the North of Scotland. It was late April so no stalking, but have a wonderful photo on the wall of me with a Salmon that I caught. I took the 243 and we shot some turnips at ridiculos ranges as well walking up the mountain behind the lodge and flying off with paragliders. Saturday night I cooked the salmon for all of us, a bottle of good red and we all asleep by 10pm. It was a really memorable weekend.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    I cater for stag parties quite often , i can arrange outings for roe ,possibly reds (depending on dates) or wild goat
    also clay pigeon shooting or an outing for boar
    the river Nith nearby has a couple of places you can buy day tickets to fish for salmon or come out with me to the nets
    on the estuary for free
    Anthony

As well as the Nith you could also fish the Urr, where I've been lucky enough to catch three salmon in the last two trips. Both have excellent Association water, so you needn't spend a fortune.

I've not been out with Jamross but I have been out with Solway Stalker - in fact I've already booked with him for September and October - and I am sure both would see you fine. I've just come back from the Borders and it's tough to choose between there and Dumfries & Galloway, but both should be in striking range for you and you won't go short of things to do in either place.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Could always do a bit with Brian and a bit here with me , i need to get over for a shot at Sika sometime Brian
    ​maybe this year

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    Could always do a bit with Brian and a bit here with me , i need to get over for a shot at Sika sometime Brian
    ​maybe this year
    Colin, you know you are welcome, just find the time...