Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaiters for Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX -wide Boots

Gaiters for Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX -wide Boots

Hi can any one recamended me a set of gaiters for Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX -wide Boots sorry if this has been done before but I could not find in search.

Cheers
    Dan

Blackislanders are the best gaiters I have ever have. They are now in their third season beating on the moors as well as pheasants and of course stalking. Easy to put on due to zip down front. Only one down side, they are expensive.

​Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Blackislanders are the best gaiters I have ever have. They are now in their third season beating on the moors as well as pheasants and of course stalking. Easy to put on due to zip down front. Only one down side, they are expensive.

​Willie
    Cheers Willie what's not cheep these days you only get what you pay for cheers for the reply will have a look now.

I plan to get some ex army gaitors to give ago as they are cheap and use a steel cord so should be hard wearing !

ATB

Matt

I use le chemau kotkor wiith my size 12 pair when I am after pheasants. They have lasted 3years but could do with replacing now.

Regular Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post

​Willie
    Crouch,

I too use blackislanders on my Dovre GTX's. I would highly recomend them and have felt they are worth the money. Like the boots, you put them on at the beginning of the day and simply forget about them until you go to take them off. I've taken good care of mine and they have lasted me. I use silicone spray on my outdoor zips and find this helps. I cant remember what size gaitor I went for but they fit around the boot no problem. My feet are size 10 so if you want me to check what size my gaitors are just let me know.

Foss

I have a pair of these, very hard wearing - third season stalking in some pretty harsh terrain with no loss of protection / comfort

Trekmates Cairngorm Gore-Tex Gaiter

I had a pair of Kammo gaiter that did 4 years of stalking and shooting. My Blackislander replacements did 3 years before one of the zips gave out.

amy ones for beating ,and blacks for anything other i only say this as the brambles can smash up a set of gaitors and at 10 pr it won't make you cry .
    ps mod ones ? thay are handed ! L&R

dan i have a new set up the shed if you wish them as i now use me muck books on wet days.
    pm me if you wish them.
    paul

Quote Originally Posted by salopsniper View Post
    I plan to get some ex army gaitors to give ago as they are cheap and use a steel cord so should be hard wearing !

ATB

Matt
    Last edited by paul o'; 05-08-2013 at 15:23.

Iuse mac gaiters they are very good - however at times the Velcro can be a pain I the a@@@@