Thread: Sabatti Rover 870 .222 cal

Sabatti Rover 870 .222 cal

Good Afternoon All,

I have a Sabatti rover 870 in .222 cal. This rifle shoots very well however for the life of me I am struggling to find spare magazines. I have had some help from range-right UK to which hopefully they may be able to supply a mag by the end of the month. I also have currently turned to a friend to machine me a metal magazine however this is going to take time and I need a magazine sooner due to the fact my current one has worn over time (Plastic and nasty).

Can any of you friendly shooters point me in the direction of someone who can supply spares within a decent timescale?

Or is it that Sabatti parts are just hard to purchase in the UK market?

Cheers and happy shooting.

Sam

I don't think that there is an importer of Sabatti at the moment but I may be wrong. Have you thought about contacting Sabatti direct?
    I am sure that it was possible in the past to simply order parts direct from the company and I don't see why that should be a problem now.

http://www.sabatti.it/index.php
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Many thanks for your response, I have emailed Sabatti direct and received no reply (This was a while ago). Sabatti Italy are currently on factory 2weeks holiday as is most of the factories in Italy at present so not expecting any joy from them.
    Range-right ltd is a UK importer of Sabatti products however they do not deal direct with the public, they are able to source the magazine and then send it to my local dealer, however the lead time is excessive as I am really in a need for a magazine asap.

Any other ideas out there?

Altho the rifle shoots well, if the parts are hard to come by I may have to sell and buy a rifle that does not have this problem.

I know nothing about thw model you mention but do know that some sabatti models have interchangable parts with rugers.....
    Dont know if that might help at all.
    Edd

Many thanks Edd, I shall look into this.
    Sam

I have a Sabatti shotgun that developed a crack in the stock. I wanted to source a replacement stock and couldn't find any official importer. I also tried contacting them in Italy but with no reply, so good luck with that. I see now that Sabatti Mercury rifles are sold by Reeves, 14 Bishopstone,
    Aylesbury HP17 8SF. Tel. 01296 748 741. Perhaps they could help in sourcing one.

Quote Originally Posted by eddoakley View Post
    I know nothing about the model you mention but do know that some Sabatti models have interchangeable parts with Rugers.....
    Dont know if that might help at all. Edd
    This is true, but only of their .22LR semi-auto.

I was also going to suggest Reeves, who sell the same rifle as the "Mercury 870" (last time I looked they didn't quote the Sabatti name).

I have to say, it seems a bit unusual to be in urgent need of spare magazines for a .222 sporting rifle. Are you in danger of being overrun by foxes? If so, I'm sure there are many on here who'd be happy to help. Failing that, why not trade your .222 in for a rifle that takes those polymer 10-shot AI magazines, or go the whole hog and get an AR?

To quote Moriarty (who?) on this: "We was assaulted by those [add the over-abundant and aggressive species of your choice here]. Assaulted ..."

Sorry, slightly bored this morning!
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 07-08-2013 at 07:36.

Pedro: Many thanks for your help I shall give them a ring today.

Mr Gain: You made me chuckle, I will be out shooting on ranges within the next 2 weeks and also out lamping for foxes, its just a pain having to reload manually "Placing round into chamber by hand" after every shot. I currently only have 1no magazine that is faulty and now un-useable. I am very tempted to trade this rifle in for either a remington 700 or a tikka t3.

However I would like to trade it in with a workable magazine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smhenderson View Post
    Mr Gain: You made me chuckle, I will be out shooting on ranges within the next 2 weeks and also out lamping for foxes, its just a pain having to reload manually "Placing round into chamber by hand" after every shot. I currently only have 1no magazine that is faulty and now un-useable. I am very tempted to trade this rifle in for either a remington 700 or a tikka t3. However I would like to trade it in with a workable magazine.
    Glad to have raised a smile. I now fully understand the urgent need for a replacement magazine - thanks! - and wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of one.