Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Jelen Training

  1. #1

    Question Jelen Training

    I've registered with the Jelen site.
    Do they still offer all of the courses mentioned on the website?
    Some of the dates mentioned refer to 2012 and the online booking facility only offers three of the advertised courses.
    I wanted to find out more about the Park Cull and Gralloching course and the DSC2 initiative, if they are still available
    Does anyone know?

  2. #2
    Have you tried speaking to Mike at Jelen? He'll have a better idea than any of us - and yes, I know that Mike and Dave are on here, but a call into the office should get a quicker response

    Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Have you tried speaking to Mike at Jelen? He'll have a better idea than any of us - and yes, I know that Mike and Dave are on here, but a call into the office should get a quicker response

    Cheers
    iain
    Thanks for trying to help Iain but it seems whenever I telephone people these days the call just goes to voicemail and then they call me back when I'm away or busy (sorry to sound like a grumpy old sod).

    (I know that this doesn't apply to every company btw)

    ATB

    ​Naseby

  4. #4
    It's not just you

    It's rare that I get to talk to someone when I want to, yet I always answer when it's "Dave, calling from Microsoft (in a thick Indian accent) and I can see that you have a problem with your laptop"
    "Really Dave, that's fantastic thanks so much for the call!!! I work for a large IT vendor, and was concerned that my auto-updates weren't working, so can you just clarify if it's OEL, Solaris or Windows that is causing the problem...?"
    "um..."
    and the phone goes dead mysteriously!

    Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  5. #5
    Iain,

    My understanding is that for some companies inbound calls are recorded "for training purposes" and out bound calls are not.
    So if the inbound call is answered there is a record of what was said. However if the call goes to voicemail and then the company returns the customer's call, there is no record of what was said. promised, committed or whether the customer was called a "stupid moron" etc
    But I fear we are wandering off topic, as they say

    Naseby

    For complete clarity I am not applying any of this to Jelen btw

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Naseby View Post
    Iain,

    My understanding is that for some companies inbound calls are recorded "for training purposes" and out bound calls are not.
    So if the inbound call is answered there is a record of what was said. However if the call goes to voicemail and then the company returns the customer's call, there is no record of what was said. promised, committed or whether the customer was called a "stupid moron" etc
    But I fear we are wandering off topic, as they say

    Naseby

    For complete clarity I am not applying any of this to Jelen btw
    Just tell them that you'll be recording any call "for training purposes..."
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  7. #7
    I dont think Jelen would record their calls.... However try them at a time that they would not be busy stalking or training etc.

    I have had to leave messages with them and have always (mostly) had a reply.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    I dont think Jelen would record their calls.... However try them at a time that they would not be busy stalking or training etc.

    I have had to leave messages with them and have always (mostly) had a reply.
    Cris we weren't suggesting that Jelen record their calls just having a more general moan

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    I dont think Jelen would record their calls.... However try them at a time that they would not be busy stalking or training etc.

    I have had to leave messages with them and have always (mostly) had a reply.

    Hi Cris

    That wasn't what Nasey & I were suggesting - far from it! I know Mike well, and have never an issue with him or Jelen

    Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  10. #10
    I have only ever rang them once, and had a return call within a few minutes, excellent service, try there mobile number.

Similar Threads

  1. Available Why you should choose Jelen for your DSC1 training!!
    By Jelendeer in forum Training Courses and Materials
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 08:22
  2. Dsc1 training with jelen
    By 7upwestmids in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 22:50
  3. Available JELEN launch brand new training aid.
    By Jelendeer in forum Training Courses and Materials
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-06-2012, 17:40
  4. Jelen Deer - Once again delivering outstanding training
    By Jelendeer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-04-2012, 19:22
  5. jelen online training
    By Deanandrew64 in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 06:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •