Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jelen Training

Question Jelen Training

I've registered with the Jelen site.
    Do they still offer all of the courses mentioned on the website?
    Some of the dates mentioned refer to 2012 and the online booking facility only offers three of the advertised courses.
    I wanted to find out more about the Park Cull and Gralloching course and the DSC2 initiative, if they are still available
    Does anyone know?

Have you tried speaking to Mike at Jelen? He'll have a better idea than any of us - and yes, I know that Mike and Dave are on here, but a call into the office should get a quicker response

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Have you tried speaking to Mike at Jelen? He'll have a better idea than any of us - and yes, I know that Mike and Dave are on here, but a call into the office should get a quicker response

Cheers
    iain
    Thanks for trying to help Iain but it seems whenever I telephone people these days the call just goes to voicemail and then they call me back when I'm away or busy (sorry to sound like a grumpy old sod).

(I know that this doesn't apply to every company btw)

ATB

​Naseby

It's not just you

It's rare that I get to talk to someone when I want to, yet I always answer when it's "Dave, calling from Microsoft (in a thick Indian accent) and I can see that you have a problem with your laptop"
    "Really Dave, that's fantastic thanks so much for the call!!! I work for a large IT vendor, and was concerned that my auto-updates weren't working, so can you just clarify if it's OEL, Solaris or Windows that is causing the problem...?"
    "um..."
    and the phone goes dead mysteriously!

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Iain,

My understanding is that for some companies inbound calls are recorded "for training purposes" and out bound calls are not.
    So if the inbound call is answered there is a record of what was said. However if the call goes to voicemail and then the company returns the customer's call, there is no record of what was said. promised, committed or whether the customer was called a "stupid moron" etc
    But I fear we are wandering off topic, as they say

Naseby

For complete clarity I am not applying any of this to Jelen btw

Quote Originally Posted by Naseby View Post
    Iain,

My understanding is that for some companies inbound calls are recorded "for training purposes" and out bound calls are not.
    So if the inbound call is answered there is a record of what was said. However if the call goes to voicemail and then the company returns the customer's call, there is no record of what was said. promised, committed or whether the customer was called a "stupid moron" etc
    But I fear we are wandering off topic, as they say

Naseby

For complete clarity I am not applying any of this to Jelen btw
    Just tell them that you'll be recording any call "for training purposes..."

I dont think Jelen would record their calls.... However try them at a time that they would not be busy stalking or training etc.

I have had to leave messages with them and have always (mostly) had a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    I dont think Jelen would record their calls.... However try them at a time that they would not be busy stalking or training etc.

Cris we weren't suggesting that Jelen record their calls just having a more general moan

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post

Hi Cris

That wasn't what Nasey & I were suggesting - far from it! I know Mike well, and have never an issue with him or Jelen

Cheers
    iain

I have only ever rang them once, and had a return call within a few minutes, excellent service, try there mobile number.