Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap to run car?

Cheap to run car?

Running my Defender is proving expensive and i am looking for a car that will take three Chesapeakes and do over 50mpg.... Tuff times!!

find an old larda niva feller not as big but can go places even your defender can't and seem to run on air won't 50mpg and may get over 60mph but it still will get you there

Tuff times but not that tuff... They leak fuel and stink of oil.

I know how you feel m8 just hung up my hilux & bought a Peugeot 806/Citroen synergie 7 sweater but can take all seats out individually so loads of room for everything & just got 53.8mpg average on stalking trip to Scotland last week compared to 400+ in my hilux it only cost me 150, easy to drive too.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Unless you really need a 4x4 (in which case I have no answer), something like a VW Passat estate might be the solution.

I got rid of my Disco and bought a large estate car a few years ago, best decision in a long time....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Have a look at the Skoda Superb 4x4 Estates RD.
    I recently bought an 11 plate and the boot space is fantastic.
    My full size dog cage I have in my Hilux also fits in the Skoda when I need to swap cars.
    I can fit my 3 dogs (granted one is a whippet..) in no probs and have enough space for some gear too. Its also very economical and the diesel engine pulls well. Highly rcommended

just cant help some folks lol ok then get defender and have it gas'd up the cost of fuel you save can offset the cost of parts

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Tuff times but not that tuff... They leak fuel and stink of oil.

Citroen c3 1.4hdi , 70+mpg 20 a year tax , with the rear seats folded will take all the gear you need.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Running my Defender is proving expensive and i am looking for a car that will take three Chesapeakes and do over 50mpg.... Tuff times!!

Toyota RAV 4 - one dog in the passenger seat, one on each side of the backseat..gun in boot, deer on roof...also bring some tampons, pink clothes and lipstick, and be prepared to be called a hairdresser! LOL

Pity their old now but a Citreon BX estate would have met your needs. The 19RD hatch bach I had dod 60 mpg on long runs and the BX17 TZD that replaced it after nice builder type torn the side out with is truck whilst doing a "U" turn and wrote it off for me. The TZD did 59 mpg on a run.

The Xantia should do the same sort of milage as they had the same engines.