Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Binoculars for for under a ton

Best Binoculars for for under a ton

Best Binoculars for for under a ton?

bushnell H2O's very good for the money i had a set for several yrs , before my wife bought me my leica's

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Carl ziess Jena off w bay or hawke nature trek are decent for the cash, I bought some 8x30 and they are nice to use and gin clear

Client dropped on a pair of Vortex Diamondback - 7x35 I think. Believe discontinued.

They are as new with all the 'bits' - 80 off fleabay.

Performance - breathtaking!

PS - I've got first dibs when/if he wants to move them on
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Not strictly under a ton - but as close as i couod get -

Have a look a minox they are amazing for the money you can get minox bf 8 or 10x42 for 149 abd the model up is the BV and that does 8 or 10x42's as well for around 169.

I just bought a set of nikon sporter 12x50's to keep in my truck and decent glass defo good glass for the money. These cost 139 and the 10x42's are 129 - the nikons r all reduced from wat over 200

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Not strictly under a ton - but as close as i couod get -

Have a look a minox they are amazing for the money you can get minox bf 8 or 10x42 for 149 abd the model up is the BV and that does 8 or 10x42's as well for around 169.

I just bought a set of nikon sporter 12x50's to keep in my truck and decent glass defo good glass for the money. These cost 139 and the 10x42's are 129 - the nikons r all reduced from wat over 200
    +1 for the Minox, I have a pair of Swarovski as well and they are not 6 times as good as the Minox, the Swarovski are better but not in relation to the price differential.

Kay Optical have an as new pair of Swarovski SLC 10x42 for 899 and they will negotiate ! If you want to go down the Minox route drop me a PM as I have a pair here in 10x42 that I would sell.

Have a look at the vortex 8x36 monocular , 92 ! Unbelievable for that price and my normal binocs are 8x32el swaro
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Old Carl Zeiss (Jena) were made in East Germany. They are heavy and built like a tank but the optics are clear and bright. They fetch little or no money when offered for sale, so you can get a real bargain if you put up with the weight. I keep a pair of 7x50s in the truck that must be 40 yrs old and they are excellent for clarity and brightness.
    8x30 would be smaller and lighter, but if you try them, get a good neoprene neck strap or a harness.